Scania genomgår nu en transformation från att vara en leverantör av lastbilar, bussar och motorer till en leverantör av kompletta och hållbara transportlösningar.
Thesis project at Scania is an excellent way of making contacts for your future working life. Many of our current employees started their career with a thesis project.Background:
The process to develop new concepts performance is often slow and often times difficult to document. Historically new concepts are evaluated through prototypes which results in an unnecessarily expensive and reactive process. Simulation driven design has through its many advantages solved a lot of these issues and has taken concept evaluation to a new level where parametric cad models has become a natural step in the process. This type of models allow a fast, broad and automated evaluation of the design space in order to find the best possible solution to a given problem.
As the methods have become more and more mature in each simulation discipline as well as CAD modelling the next natural step is therefore to combine these methods. On a system level this can be used in order to develop industry leading performance at the correct price.Target:
The target of this thesis is to investigate how to use previously developed tools for automating simulation and design in order to utilize multidisciplinary design optimization (MDO). In order to evaluate MDO a new after treatment concept will be developed by the use of MDO.Assignment:
The scope of this thesis is to continue the work from previous years and develop a method for how to use MDO in the development process.
The focus of this project is to:
- Develop a method to work with MDO on a project level in an agile work environment.
- Investigate how to combine simulations from different disciplines in a combined framework.
- Develop a concept for a new after treatment system by using MDO.
- Present and document methodology and concept.
Contact persons and supervisors:
- Masters student in mechanical engineering or similar.
- Experience with design automation and parametric modelling in Catia V5.
- Number of students: 1-2Start date: January 2019Estimated time needed: 20 weeks
Mattias Vennberg Eriksson, +46855372804, email@example.com
Jim Nordenvall, +46855350408, firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication:
Your application should contain a covering letter, CV and transcripts.
Selections will be made throughout the application period.