Are you interested in new technology and have an electrical, mechanical or hydraulics background? Do you enjoy working with your hands and bring solutions to technical problems? We are looking for Travelling Technician to work in Östersund, Sweden. At Vestas you will have the opportunity to develop your skills together with the global presence within wind energy and contribute to a greener world.
We are looking for committed technicians who are enthusiastic about preserving our planet through clean, renewable wind energy. As a Vestas technician, you'll put your electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical experience to work, ensuring your safety, and the safety of your team.
- Service and maintenance of wind turbines
- Troubleshooting and repair of wind turbines, both mechanical and electrical
- Commissioning of new turbines
- Control of own inventory of spare parts and tools
- Primarily in Sweden but also in the Nordic region
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- You Don't have to be an expert in turbine work to start, we will teach you how we operate. Of course, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, composite skills, or heavy machinery experience is attractive
- You have the Physical ability to climb stairs and ladders, and working while carrying materials and tools round in the turbine
- You hold a valid driver's license
- It would be great if you have experience with the use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools.. (eg Flukemeter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- You can read, interpret, and understand drawings and schematics and have attention to detail to follow safety protocols in both English and Swedish
- You can effectively communicate with customers and collaborate with co-workers in both English and Swedish
- You will travel around the country, supporting our colleagues with service, maintenance, and commissioning, on our wind farms
- Our service requires high demands on accuracy and professionalism, as we are extremely careful that our service work is performed with the highest quality in the safest way
- You must be driven, responsible and have cost awareness
- You will be flexible and not afraid of rapid change and challenges
What we offer
Our employees are our best asset. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits, such as wellness grants and quick access to specialized healthcare, we invest in your development. After a thorough introductory course, we offer continuous development of your skills with a well-established training program. You get to work in a team with great diversity and motivated service technicians, in a stimulating environment in a fast-growing international company where good communication and structure are the key to good results. As Vestas works for a gender-equal workplace, we welcome female as well as male applicants.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 07/12/2022.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.