Industrial PhD student position in computer science focusing on digitalisation .The position
Scania is one of the leading companies of transport solutions. We have two main sites for Cab productions, one is in Oskarshamn in Sweden and the other one is in Sao Bernado, Brasil. For cab production we have the following workshops: press-, Body in White-, Paint- and Assembly. In Oskarshamn is also the Product Introduction located for Scania Cab, globally.
At the Technical centre of Scania we have a digital vision: ”A user friendly digital solution that allows us to virtually develop, test, simulate, verify and introduce new products and processes, where all deviations are eliminated before production starts, with a world class lead time.”
On this journey we have chosen to work together with the Linnaeus University Centre for Data Intensive Sciences and Applications (DISA), which is one of the research areas of excellence of the Linneaus university. The main focus of their research deals with how computer-controlled methods can be applied and used to gain more in-depth knowledge and understanding of different applications within technology, natural science and the humanities. The combination of research from computer science, media technology and statistics with relevant fields of application creates dynamic synergies that Scania wants to take advantage of.Job Description
As a doctoral student at Scania you will dedicate 20 % of your time to research.
The remaining time will include for example:
- Mapping out and describing the existing product verification for both physical and virtual prototypes at Scania’s plant in Oskarshamn.
- Investigating whether the creation of a digital twin would make it possible to create new ways of verifying and thereby make it even easier to implement new products and processes.
- Getting an understanding of the development process beginning with the first concept in the design and ending when the product is introduced into production.
- Defining in which areas we can reduce lead times and increase quality using digital verification at an earlier stage in our projects
- Including requirements for IT systems and tools
- Coming up with ideas for where in the process (and for which type of product) we can increase quality by introducing earlier product verification
- Collaborating closely with the other project members in an interdisciplinary research environment as well as with domain experts.
- Conducting graduate studies in the field of Computer Science with a doctorate (PhD) as the goal.When the mapping out is finished we will jointly pick out a target area for your doctoral dissertation. For this dissertation to be successful we would like you to have the following profile:
Working hours Day timeFor more information
- Master in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous experience of one or more of the following technical areas is a plus:
- Big Data, Machine Learning, AI
- Simulation/Digital Twins
- Proactive maintenance
- Fluent English
Contact Grethe Hallberg on +46-491-765221
Oskar Kardmo Drott, HR Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication
Please include a personal letter, CV and academic transcript in your application.
Apply through HR InLine/Jobbsök (Job search). Application deadline: 15 of November 2019. Interviews are ongoing.We look forward to your application no later the 15 of November