TYR is the breeding organization for beef cattle in Norway. TYRs breeding program is based on continuous research and development in the areas of breeding and genetics. TYR is owned by 1900 beef farmers nationwide. Our office is located in Hamar, Norway.
TYR is continuously developing our breeding program and models for estimating breeding values for new and existing traits. We are currently in a process where we want to implement genomic selection in our breeding program and is looking for a new researcher within genetics to work with this area.WORKING AREAS:
- Evaluation of how to implement genomic selection in the breeding populations of beef cattle in Norway
- Development of best possible statistical models for calculation of EBVs based on ssGBLUP methodology.
- Estimation of variance components.
- Crossvalidation of models
- Statistical analysis and work with genomic data.
- Implementation of genomic EBV calculations
- Communication of R&D results
- MSc or PhD level within genetics/statistics/mathematics.
- Good programming skills, preferably R or SAS
- Experience with DMU and/or MIX99 is preferable
- Good cooperation and communication skills
- Structured and flexible team worker
If you enjoy challenges and working within genetics and statistics, TYR SA offer opportunities for personal and scientific development in a growing organization. As a part of our team, you will be seated together with researchers in the breeding organizations Geno and Norsvin, at Center for Breeding and Biotechnology in Hamar.www.tyr.no