Are you a highly motivated designer that gets triggered by the opportunity to make Norway's largest newspaper even better? We're looking for a visually strong product designer with a genuine interest and enthusiasm for technology and digital media. Come join us in building the VG for tomorrow!
Verdens Gang (VG.no) is the largest media house in Norway, and our news site is Norway's most visited, with a huge market dominance on mobile devices. Across our channels VG reaches more than 2.4 million readers every day. Our mission is to contribute to a functioning democracy by closing the gap between what citizens know and what they need to know about the world around them. We aim to offer trustworthy news founded on facts and insight in a world where information is becoming increasingly more abundant and untrustworthy.
To achieve this we're aiming at delivering simply the best news destination possible to our users. This requires a dedicated and continuous investment in new products and technology, in a marathon to stay relevant in a rapidly changing market.
We're looking for intelligent and intellectually inquisitive interaction designer to come on board in order to design truly greenfield products. You are someone with 3+ years experience in UX, strong in interaction design, experience with user research (quantitative and qualitative), good facilitator, team player. We're looking for a designer with visual design skills, preferably with experience in Lean UX/hypothesis driven design.
You will be working as an integrated member of our family, part of a cross functional team of product people and developers (web & apps). You will take part in every aspect of the product development process from early brainstorming to idea experimentation, user research and finally tweaking pixels right before launch. You'll carry the flag for our users and we want you to take charge in making sure their voice is heard!What you will do:
You will support your team throughout the full lifecycle of product development and be expected to utilize the full range of product design, interaction design and visual design skills - enabling us to create solutions for end users that delight and excite users while fulfilling their needs.Skills
- Expert understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- Strong visual and aesthetic skills with ability to create final designs for implementation.
- Good understanding of qualitative user research methodologies and how to run lean research to ensure user insights inform all stages of design.
- Strong ability to synthesise user data and research to create user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interface mockups.
- A natural instinct to translate and document design ideas in visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute workshops.
- Ability to work closely with engineering, product management and user research teams in order to design experiences that are technologically feasible and meet the business and user needs.
- Comfortable in working agile, or lean, and in a highly collaborative environment with other ux designers, researchers, visual designers, product owners and engineers.
- Passion for digital products, technology, creativity and an openness to new design ideas
- Excellent communication skills in Norwegian (both verbally and written), and comfortable with communication in English (both verbally and written).
What we offer
- 3+ years of interaction and visual design experience
- A masters degree in a relevant field of design, or professional experience to balance out a lower level of education
- Experience designing for both desktop and mobile platforms
- Expert understanding of interaction, experience design and visual design principles
- Experience with end to end product development. Familiarity with iOS and Android design guidelines
- You will be part of Schibsted's large UX community while being part of a bigger democratic mission empowering the fourth estate.
- We invest in your growth and your competence by letting you spend 10% of your working time to develop and offer you a yearly conference budget
- At our offices we run multiple internal learning sessions, breakfast seminars, Schibsted Talks with complimentary lunch and other fun events
- You will work with a great set of tools
- Being part of a passionate and professional team producing impactful products
- Competitive salary adjusted to your level of competence and experience
- Insurance and pension schemes
If you wish to apply for this role, please send us the following:
- Portfolio with examples of recent work
As a part of this process, we will conduct a background check on the final candidate.