At the heart of Schibsted lies a strong culture of exploration and innovation. We have been rethinking and reinventing things since 1860. But society is transforming at an increasing rate and powerful new trends are reshaping business, shifting talent needs, and changing human behavior.
Studies show that the companies that successfully persist over time are those that actively research and explore potential future states and take incremental actions to better prepare themselves for the future.This is where we come in!
The Tech Experiments team works across Schibsted's brands to monitor and act on emerging trends and new technology that may impact our business or our users' expectations.
The team's ambition is to analyse and understand upcoming technology shifts and turn ideas and concepts into tangible prototypes in an effort to assess potential from a business or user experience perspective. In the past we have researched and/or experimented with blockchain, emerging user interfaces (e.g voice assistants & augmented reality), computer vision, Generation Z and many other things!
We - like you - are passionate about understanding the potential of new technology and ever changing human behaviors. We are agile, human centric and try to fail fast :)
As a prototyper in Schibsted Tech Experiments, you will work together with a Product Manager in the team and collaborate with one of our companies (e.g. Finn or Aftenposten) to create and iterate on different levels of prototypes that can be tested to help us learn about the future.
The prototypes you'll develop will be important in reducing the risk associated with developing new products, helping us learn about the future.
You don't need to know everything about tech trends or human centric product development to be a part of our team, but you must be curious and eager to learn.About you:
We'd love to see your application and to help us evaluate please include:
- Higher education within relevant fields, such as design, UX/UI, etc. Relevant practical experience can compensate for less relevant education
- Ability to work with larger concepts and both low and high fidelity prototypes
- Ability to work independently in a cross-functional team and with developers
- Good understanding of interaction design, user experience, usability, and visual design principles
- Experience working with UX for digital products as well as user testing or research
- Good storytelling skills
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch/Invision. Nice to haves: Flinto and Principal, video editing tools (after effects/final cut), Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Miro
- Cover Letter
- CV or LinkedIn
- Work samples or portfolio - including a description of the role you have had in the work you show
- If you have given presentations or are you proud of something else you have done, feel free to tell us about it or send a link to it