The Biopolymer Chemist will work with our team to produce various formulations of tunicate nanocellulose in our cleanroom facilities for a range of biomedical applications. They will also work closely with the team and collaborators in planning and construction of a tunicate cellulose extraction plant based on established, proprietary protocols. The position will report directly to the management team.Qualifications, tasks and personal qualities
- The applicant must hold a PhD in chemistry or equivalent degree or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded prior to the application deadline. Preferably, the PhD should be in biopolymer chemistry, but other areas such as process chemistry and organic chemistry will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience and skill sets in working with nanocellulose. Additional background in molecular and cellular biology is advantageous. Experience with cleanroom facilities and asceptic techniques is highly preferred.
- Motivation to perform research and development at an internationally competitive level.
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with others, both internally and in external partnerships, in a very well-structured manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in, and maintain, a strictly clean working environment.
- Thorough, accurate and reliable documentation of all research tasks.
- Experience in data and statistical analyses.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time, accurately and reproducibly.
- Excellent analytical capacity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication in both verbal and written format.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiatives.
- Present regular progress updates at internal meetings.
Verbal and written proficiency in English is required.What we offer
Ocean TuniCell offers an inclusive, dynamic and challenging workplace with a competitive salary and benefits package. Employees are encouraged to update skills and develop their career through training opportunities. Ocean TuniCell is an innovative, sustainable, biotechnology company that promotes diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace.
For further information, please contact Christofer Troedsson:firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication must include
- A cover letter that includes a brief account of the applicant's specific motivation for this position.
- CV, including list of publications
- Transcripts, diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted
- 3 references, one of which should be the applicant's main PhD supervisor
Application deadline: 31.10.2020