Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions has secured new long-term contracts on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and the project portfolio in Stavanger is rapidly expanding. We are now recruiting several new employees to strengthen our teams and prepare for future growth.
Aker Solutions' Material Technology department based in Stavanger Norway consists of qualified and experienced engineers (materials technology, corrosion protection, insulation, welding).
We are now looking for a Senior Materials Engineer
for temporary position in Stavanger.Responsibilities and Tasks
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- Materials Engineer in topside modification project
- Technical evaluations regarding materials technology (materials selection, corrosion evaluations, surface protection)
- Implement and maintain the overall materials strategy in the Project
- Technical input to and follow-up of procurement packages (mechanical and piping equipment).
- Quality assurance of suppliers and manufacturers, incl. review of supplier QA-systems (QA-plans/ITP and procedures)
- Follow-up/witness activities related to manufacturing and fabrication
- MSc or equivalent within Materials Technology / Metallurgy
- Minimum 3 years experience from TOPSIDE projects within:
- Competency within surface protection and coating system selection is preferred
- Relevant experience. - Detailed knowledge of NORSOK standards and international oil&gas related industry specifications
- Excellent communication/language skills in English/ Norwegian
- Good social skills and ability to contribute in teamwork settings
- Split-location experience is a benefit
- Software Skills - TIME
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.