We are seeking an experienced and dynamic manager to drive MSC's marketing and commercial activities in Norway. The Manager will engage with partners in the seafood processing industry and retail and food service sector. Outreach involves relationship building and maintaining, promoting and explaining the MSC concept and certification program. The successful candidate will also work on promoting the MSC and its partners by raising awareness with the public in Norway through marketing and communication campaigns. They will work in collaboration with the Senior Commercial Manager and the Program Director, the various team members based in the region and other members of the wider MSC communications and marketing team to deliver a consistent approach to the market sectors in Norway. Ultimately, the post strives to increase the supply of MSC labelled sustainable seafood choices in Norway.You should have:
- a postgraduate degree in a business, economics, marketing or communications discipline;
- previous experience in a similar role, preferably with responsibility for managing and/or operating promotions and marketing campaigns with multiple partners;
- knowledge and practical experience of fast moving consumer goods industry, with existing contacts and networks is highly desirable.
Outreach travel in Norway is a regular feature of the job and to a lesser extent to the regional MSC office in Stockholm and the head office in London.
Who are we?
The MSC's vision is for the world's oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our internationally-recognised certification and ecolabeling programme well-managed sustainable fisheries are recognised and rewarded in the market place, through the leadership of our partners. Critically, other fisheries are incentivised to improve their performance to meet the growing demand for certified sustainable and traceable seafood choice. Over 400 fisheries around the world, representing 14% of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme and over 1200 documented improvements to the way our oceans are being fished have been recorded. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
Application process - please email the following information, in English, to: email@example.com
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job specification, and include information on your salary expectations; and
- A copy of your current CV
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles "your name cover letter" and "your name CV". The subject of your email should read Commercial and Marketing Manager, Norway.
Applications closing date: 21 January 2019 at 09:00 (CET). Successful candidates will be notified by 31 January 2019.