As system design engineer you will join the growing technology team responsible for the design of our new PEM electrolyser platform. You will be working developing a ground-breaking PEM electrolyser based on a patented and validated concept with drastically improved performance. The work will involve the design of balance of stack and balance of plant for optimal interface with the HYSTAR stack platform and to fully meet performance and safety requirements of the specific application. Both senior and junior candidates are considered as relevant for these positions. Responsibilities and qualification requirements will be adjusted according to experience level, competence, and background.
You should expect some travelling, both domestically and to our suppliers and partners abroad. You will be part of a rapidly growing team of motivated people who are dedicated to make green hydrogen a competitive alternative to fossil fuels – do you want to make an impact on the future? – Then join us!Primary responsibilities and tasks:
- Participate in the design and development of our PEM electrolyser system. From design phase to construction in collaboration with HYSTAR subcontractors.
- Responsible for preparing, modifying, and maintaining standard, system documentation and analog and digital hardware.
- Participate in the control system design, prototype and pilot testing, and final product realisation.
- Develop component, valve and piping designs and integrate this into the product/system
- Prepare drawings, gas monitoring-strategy and production requirements for product integration.
- Prepare relevant strength, fatigue, vibration, corrosion analysis and similar
- Technical responsible and support for installation, SAT and commissioning
- Participate in Safety & Risk assessments (HAZOP / FMECA / RCA)
- Contribute to Project Engineering in tenders, studies and EPC projects
- Contribute to future technology and system development.
- Contribute to other activities and support the rest of the Hystar team as required.
- Bsc. or MSc. level degree, preferably in System engineering, Computer Science, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, industrial design
- Experience from an interdisciplinary environment with a system focus (electrolysis, fuel cells, automotive, aerospace, oil & gas).
- Experience from industrial product development of PEM electrolysers or similar systems is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge on gas and fluid flow, thermodynamics and hydrogen related risks and safety aspects.
- Extensive experience CAD software (AutoCAD, Solidworks or similar) is a significant advantage.
- Experience in analysing performance using simulation tools (MATLAB/Simulink/C++)
- Independent, proactive, and structured.
- Innovative and strategic mindset.
- The ability to take responsibility, backed by the company team.
- Motivated, engaged, solution-oriented, flexible and positively minded.
- Professional business and technical English communication skills
A unique working environment with skilled colleagues and a 100% permanent position with market competitive salary depending on degree and experience. In addition, Hystar offers great opportunity for an efficient carrier development and personal growth. Place of work will be in Oslo, Norway.