As mechanical design engineer you will join Hystar's growing technology team responsible for PEM electrolyser stack design, prototype unit builds and testing. You will be working on developing a ground-breaking, patented PEM electrolyser stack with drastically improved performance. You will be a key contributor to detailed component design and specification, structural analysis and fluid flow.
Related tasks will include design for manufacturing, establishing automated stack manufacturing and design and specification of balance of plant. Both senior and junior candidates are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities and qualification requirements will be adjusted according to experience level, competence, and background. Some travelling will be required.
You will be part of a rapidly growing team of motivated people who are dedicated to make green hydrogen a competitive alternative to fossil fuels – do you want to make an impact on the future? – Then join us!Primary responsibilities and tasks:
- Participate in developing PEM electrolyser stack designs from concept to assembly, test and final commissioning
- Coordinate CAD modelling of stack components, including FEA, flow simulations and design for manufacture activities internally in Hystar and with sub contractors and component suppliers
- Participate in specification, supplier selection, purchasing and inspection of components such as bipolar plates, sealings, porous transport layers and CCMs
- Research, test and experimental development to extend electrochemical cell stack functionality and reliability
- Identify novel approaches for cost reduction and new applications for existing technology elements.
- Develop test plans, technical reports, drawings and assembly instructions
- Support the implementation of automated stack manufacturing processes and balance of stack and plant designs
- Contribute to future technology and system development
- Contribute to other activities and support the rest of the Hystar team as required
- BSc/MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification
- Experience from design of precision components for complex assemblies
- Experience from relevant industry (electrolysis, fuel cells, automotive, aerospace, oil & gas)
- Experience from industrial product development of PEM fuel cells, electrolysers or similar devices is a strong advantage
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Extensive experience with CAD software (Solidworks or similar) is a significant advantage
- Experience with simulation tools such as ANSYS
- Independent, proactive, and structured
- Innovative and strategic mindset
- The ability to take responsibility, backed by the company team
- Motivated, engaged, solution-oriented, flexible and positively minded
- Professional business and technical English communication skills