The Technical Officer provides a highly productive development, test and production environment as well as maintaining, supporting and documenting the IT-infrastructure for CESSDA.Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Build, maintain, support and document the IT-infrastructure that supports our tools and services;
2. Cloud-based infrastructure provision and management (Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform);
3. Configure and manage Continuous Integration (CI) and Delivery environment;
4. Liaise with CESSDA Service Providers and external stakeholders in IT applications. Coordinate work across different partner institutions/organisations;
5. Be an integral part of CESSDA's software acceptance process, by ensuring new tools and features are thoroughly tested before going in to production;
6. Assess and measure software maturity based on the CESSDA's Software Maturity Level Matrix;
7. Establish monitoring tools and techniques to ensure the platform as a whole, as well as individual tools and services, are healthy and performant. Perform corrective actions as required;
8. Maintain the structure of CESSDA's website;
9. Manage CESSDA's intranet and the Main Office IT equipment;
10. Evaluate and recommend 3rd party tools and technologies as part of the make-buy decision making process;
11. Any other duties required by the supervisor.Skills, Experiences, and QualificationsRequired
1. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a DevOps or Technical Support role;
2. BS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience;
3. Experience in Linux Systems Administration and troubleshooting, and systems performance monitoring;
4. Exposure to Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or similar);
5. Java and Spring Framework experiences;
6. Docker and Kubernetes experiences;
7. Management of Continuous Integration (CI) servers such as Jenkins, within the code development lifecycle. Technical testing experience, preferably including automation with the ability to create test automation frameworks using open source technologies;
8. Experience of acting as a webmaster, using any well-known Content Management Systems;
9. Experience of configuration and management of typical components of a corporate intranet;
10. User access and identity management;
11. Strong communication skills, effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships;
12. Ability and willingness to work in a small, international team;
13. Fluent written and spoken English;
14. Able and willing to travel when required.Desired
1. Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail;
2. A pro-active approach to work;
3. Self-motivated with the ability to plan contingencies and think strategically;
4. Ability to learn new technologies.Practical information
- The Technical Officer will be based at the Main Office in Bergen (see http://www.visitbergen.com/en/).
- CESSDA's working language is English.
- Salary is to be negotiated dependent on qualification and experience.
- Social security/benefits according to Norwegian regulations.
* To apply, send an application letter and CV in Englishin a single PDF
- The closing date for applications is 30 November 2018
- Short-listed candidates should be prepared to participate in an interview in Bergen, Norway.
- Expected start: 1 March 2019
- r sooner if possible.
* For further information, please contact Mrs. Nina Bakanova, Management Assistant, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +47 55 58 36 48.