AutoStore is experiencing great success in the global market with increased sales, products sold and with number of employees. We recently launched our latest Black Line product line, which is faster, more energy-friendly and optimizes storage operations for our customers around the world.
Our development department consists of over 75 skilled employees in the disciplines of mechanics, software, electronics, firmware, testing, project management and documentation. The department is placed at our office in Asker and our head office in Nedre Vats.
In the role of Design & QA Engineer
you will work on testing and development of our plastic boxes / bins. You will join a small team and have an independent responsibility for ensuring good progress and high quality work. Your job becomes very important to quality assuring and developing the products in the market.
We are looking for you who are interested in technology and development. You have good technical product understanding and have interests in quality design. To succeed in the role, it will be crucial that you are curious and that you acquire good knowledge of how AutoStore works. You get a 'hands on' role with varied tasks in an exciting, competent and good working environment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute in all processes related to the boxes / bins, everything from design, test methodology, quality assurance and documentation.
- Further development of AutoStore bins from A-to-Z
- Product QA, QA procedures, documentation and external audit by manufacturers
- Planning and conducting testing
- Troubleshooting, including follow-up of errors and error correction as part of the development process
- Comprehensive understanding of Autostore's products, especially the storage boxes / bins, from the customer's perspective
- Testing using Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Higher education in relevant field of study (e.g. design, process or mechanical)
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the fields of design, QA, testing and/or plastic
- Technical product understanding
- Ability to work to set standards, and be careful that external parties follow these as well
- You have the basis for working with computer programs and IT
- Experience with CAD and knowledge of CMM
- Relevant experience with plastic products & injection molding is not required, but knowledge of this is an advantage
- For AutoStore, talent, curiosity and willingness to learn are most important. If you possess expertise in some of the aforementioned fields, and have ambitions and a desire to further develop, we encourage you to show interest in the position
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good communication skills and enjoy working with others
- A creative, secure and solid workplace in a business of strong growth
- Good opportunities for further development in your field
- Competitive pay conditions and orderly working conditions
- You will be part of a unique, exciting and competent professional and development environment in AutoStore
Workplace is at our head office in Nedre Vats. Some international travel is to be expected.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact our recruitment partner HAMNØY AS at adviser Jan Tore Hamnøy, +47 411 02 200, or researcher Kristine Valen, +47 926 94 052.
Show your interest in the position by registering your resume and application as soon as possible. Certificates and diplomas are attached to the application. All inquiries are treated confidentially – also to the client in the initial phase, if desired.
Application deadline: January 24 2020