Scandinavian Cosmetics Group is the number one Nordic brand management company supplying retail partners with top brands within make up, skincare, fragrances, hair care and beauty tools. With companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland we offer an unparalleled route to the Nordic Beauty Consumer.
Scandinavian Cosmetic is looking for a Group Business Controller. The position is new in the company and will report to our CFO.
We are a company in growth and are looking for a high skilled person within group accounting.
You will primarily be responsible for several key financial assignments focusing on optimising internal standards, controlling, reporting and financial management procedures and processes with a business perspective. This will include optimising the monthly closing activities and consolidation processes in terms of quality, time and efficiency.
The position has a high degree of internal exposure, which will involve close cooperation with the Executive Board, the Group CEO and CFO.
The local business units (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) are each responsible for conducting the internal reporting, budgeting and financial planning. The Group Business Controller will be solemnly responsible for ensuring a correct, accurate and efficient financial/accounting reporting practice and continuously improving the control environment to be best in class. There will thus be a great deal of interaction with the finance departments within the local business units in order to secure, among others, the financial consolidation process for the overall Scandinavian Cosmetics Group.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Taking an active part in the development of business processes, procedures, methods, financial information and IT systems
- Assisting with the development of strategies and action plans in order to improve business performance and company profitability from a financial point of view
- Assist the Executive Board, as well as local management with analysing financial and operational information, identifying strengths/weaknesses and recommending improvements in methods and processes
- Conducting financial investigations and analysis of local managements performance
- Monitoring the balance sheet of the branch
- Overseeing and developing the planning model within the Group through, target setting, action planning, financial projections and simulations, as well as conducting follow ups and deviation analysis
- Reporting and presentation of financial outcomes, business plans and projections to local management
- Closing of the financial books, managing accounting efficiency and compliance with the Group's time schedules, accounting and
- quality standards with local management
Qualification and experience
To be a perfect match for this job we are looking for a person that:
- Holds a Master Degree within Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Has a solid financial, business and customer understanding.
- Has 8-10 years of relevant experience from a similar broad position within a Group Finance function from an internationalcompany
- Capable of linking finance to the business
- Has the ability to analyse financial results and able to provide recommendations, as well as implementing the necessary actions to maximize the business returns and enhance the operational performance
- Is experienced with providing financial support and cooperating with an international branch/operation management team
- Motivated by hands-on involvement.
Personal qualifications that are important to succeed in the role:
- Empathetic, trustworthy, ambitious, competitive and determined
- Strong and outgoing personality focused on maintaining and creating constructive relations. Is also able to work independently and in a team
- Works in a structured and analytical way, keeps an eye on the detail with a holistic overview and has the ability to be pragmatic. Possesses a hands-on mentality
- Is able to communicate in a clear, precise, direct and constructive way in both writing and speech
The position is located in Malmö, headquarters for Scandinavian Cosmetics Group.
If you find the position interesting, please send us your application today. If you have any questions regarding the position, contact CFO Johan Ahlgren on email@example.com or phone 040 - 31 15 00.