About the companyIn 2021 QPharma AB and Dishar merged and became SEVER Pharma Solutions. SEVER Pharma Solutions (SPS) is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) for pharmaceutical products.
SPS is an innovative and specialized contract developer and manufacturer of pharmaceuticals. We offer customers bespoke solutions through extensive knowledge and unique manufacturing capabilities. The expertise and capabilities lie in developing and manufacturing of polymer-based controlled release systems, sterile injectables and solid dosage forms. The site in Malmö has been here for almost 50 years and today employs around 280 people.
SPS is now searching for an experienced EHS specialist with a solid track record from manufacturing environments, preferably within the pharmaceutical or chemical/process industry. As EHS specialist you will play a key role in creating and driving a company transformation that strives for a strong EHS culture. This role will collaborate with the management team and other stakeholders to drive EHS performance improvement.
You will report directly to the EHS manager and will be a part of the EHS Team.Job Purpose
You are responsible for advising management and employees on health and safety legislation and compliance. You are expected to develop and support the implementation company policies, plans and professional standards, meeting any changes to legal or operational requirements. Your main focus will be our site in Malmö, whilst providing support globally where required.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide EHS subject matter expertise and support to the Operations, R&D and global sites
- Together with the EHS manager ensure compliance towards EHS standards for the site/s and monitor new EHS legislation to ensure standards meet regulatory requirements
- Carry out Occupational Hygiene monitoring where necessary to verify new control measures to monitoring the effectiveness of existing control, to investigate reported concerns or to ensure compliance with local regulatory
- Follow up and support escalated EHS related incidents, occupational and environmental accidents together with the departments involved and develop appropriate corrective and preventive actions
- Monitor and target EHS performance and support co-creation of improvement plans and activities to address performance or compliance issues such as compliance deviations, corrective action deviations, etc.
- Support the EHS manager and management team to drive the development of EHS standards across the company
- Identify, investigate and report on compliance breaches, emergencies, serious incidents, injuries
- Collaborate with and support the EHS site representative for all site related issues, including the emergency response as required
- Develop or implement methods to promote safety culture and reduce risk factors if necessary
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date and complete documentation (instructions, policies, chemical registers, safety regulations, etc.) related to EHS requirements
University degree required in EHS or related field (Engineering, Chemistry, Science)
Must have minimum 3 years of relevant experience, industrial hygiene experience is a strong plus
Comfortable learning new systems and operating within those systems
Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
Fluent in both English and SwedishProfile
Thrives in a dynamic work environment and capable of maintaining a calm and methodical approach in challenging situations
High level of commitment, can motivate and inspire others to perform at the highest standards
Communicates confidently in an open and honest manner
Ability to serve as a change agent continuously seeking improvement, does not accept the status quo
Approachable and collaborative style with natural ability to work cross functional and form solid business relationships
Self-motivated and results-oriented with a high degree of integrity and ownership
It is also important to us that you share SPS´s values:
- Making a difference
- Best workplace
- Close to customers
Interviews and selection will take place on an ongoing basis, so register your application with CV and cover letter no later than 22/9
via our website.
For further information, please contact Joseph McCluskey, VP of Operation, at email@example.com
Union representatives: Hedvig Samuelsson, Unionen tel. 040-36 18 09 and Shahpar Ghobadi, Akademikerförbundet tel. 040-36 18 83.