How we work
We truly believe in teams and agile methodologies, thus you will be working in a competent team of multi-skilled people. As a developer working with us you are passionate about exploring new technologies and open to pick up tasks outside of your primary area of expertise.
We can offer a very challenging environment where we together always strive to build the best products, technology and teams. We believe that by providing an atmosphere where we try to maximize the level of fun for our people, we will also get the best end results. We work in the environment of sports where each contribution strengthens the team and the overall company result.What we do
Using award-winning technology, we provide groundbreaking sports betting solutions, creating applications with millions of end users and dozens of successful licensees.
We are always aiming at creating the state of the art web applications. With a rapid changing environment we are challenged to improve our software offering but also how we code and how we produce that code. This forces us to use the latest technologies and pushing for new improvements all the time. We are currently using things like websockets and react js and are making the most optimized application with that.About the job
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will overlook and maintain our containerized applications in Kubernetes. Your focus will be ensuring that all our applications remain continuously reliable, available and fast.
You will be a part of our DevOps team and partner with software developers and Software Quality Engineers to create build pipelines for multiple projects. You ensure that developers and QA can test, stage and deploy their code to environments reliably.Team expectations
The team is expected to provide a single platform that supports the entire end-to-end software development and delivery process. To automate deployments and to accelerate time to market, reduce delivery costs, and increase quality, reliability and traceability.
The team is expected to have answers and solutions for the following challenges:
- Ensure reliability of cloud infrastructure
- Manage infrastructure-as-code
- Deployment history and rollback
A few bullets about you
- Support micro-services architecture
- At least 3 years experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and web applications in large production environment
- Proficiency working in Linux/Unix environments
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level hardware issues to large-scale failures within datacenter clusters
- Solid knowledge in Linux/Unix monitoring (system calls, resource monitoring, centralized syslog)
- Solid knowledge in Configuration Management
- Solid working experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Expertise in SCM using git; knowledge in various branching strategies
- Managing and maintaining monitoring tools (Prometheus, Sysdig, Sensu, Nagios)
- Working knowledge with Java, C#, Ruby, or other object-oriented language
- Experience in automated provisioning and configuration (ansible, terraform, chef)
Some skills that are good to have
- Experience with container technologies (docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, such as AWS, Google Cloud and OpenShift
- Managing and maintaining code quality and coverage tools such as SonarQube
- Managing and maintaining build artifact repositories such as Sonatype Nexus
- Bachelor of Science in engineering discipline
In this recruitment process, Playtech BGT sports is cooperating with Kandidathuset AB. If you have any questions regarding this position, don't hesitate to contact Alexander Kervall. firstname.lastname@example.org