Since its foundation in 1933, Omron has supported various industries globally with innovative solutions and advanced technologies. The Omron Group now has approximately 39,000 employees worldwide and 2017 they accomplished a turnover of 6 billion Euros.
In Europe Omron is represented by:
- Industrial Automation business
- Electronic Components business
- Healthcare business
- Automated Optical Inspection
Omron Safety Service Europe (OSSE) is a team of experienced professionals located in various countries across Europe, consisting of a wide range of personnel including Consultant Safety Engineers, Health and Safety Specialists, Technical Assessors, Design Engineers and Project Engineers.
The Safety Service Team is covering the full scope of machinery safety; from assessing machinery, remediating and validating machines on site with strategic partners, to the CE marking of machines both for industrial end-users and machine manufacturers.
For the wider Nordic region, we are looking for a Machinery Safety Consultant (f/m) to extend our international team in a highly challenging yet very rewarding industry sector.
You will ideally be home office based in Denmark or south of Sweden, however, the role will require you to travel around the wider Nordic region, and at times to other European countries in support of your OSSE colleagues.Duties & Responsibilities
Omron’s Machinery Safety Consultants are responsible for supporting and advising customers on all aspects of machinery safety, in particular:
- You will assess and audit client’s machinery for legal, regulatory, and normative compliance in order to assess risk levels related to the use of the machines; to propose practical and safe remedial or corrective actions in compliance with applicable standards by the preparation of conceptual safety designs; and to provide a range of associated machinery safety consultancy services.
- You will manage the safety projects in your region in partnership with local Omron sales teams and our accredited safety system integrators and solution partners.
- You will promote the sale of the Omron Safety Service product range and safety solutions by working closely with the regional Omron Nordics Sales team, and the wider European Omron Industrial Solutions team.
- You will provide training to customers on machinery safety to help increase our client’s competence, in conjunction with the provision of our service and product solution portfolio.
You will work close with the European team which includes in total 20 colleges. Your team leader is located in the Holland.
Additionally, you will also work together with the local sales team, supporting them with technical rapports etc.Skills
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ industrial experience in the field of machine safety; either as a consultant, as a safety specialist in an end user organisation, or with a machine builder (original equipment manufacturer);
- Hold a professional safety certification and accreditation such as, for example, a TUV Functional Safety Engineer or be prepared to attain such status;
- Have experience in industrial site safety assessments for machinery and the related processes;
- You have a thorough knowledge of the European directives, national and international standards applicable to machinery, and any regional regulations related to machinery safety and occupational / industrial risks in general;
- You have a thorough knowledge of risk analysis methodologies according to EN ISO 12100, the formal CE marking of machinery, and some project management experience would be an advantage;
- Have practical experience and deeper knowledge in the use and application of EN, ISO and IEC standards applicable to industrial machinery;
- Have strong background within electrical control systems associated with industrial machinery and be able to read electrical drawings.
- Have experience and knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic concepts, and have a good understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic drawings;
- Have strong analytical skills and the ability to convert identifiable needs into conceptual design solutions;
- Have excellent communication skills (both verbally and report writing);
- Have had considerable experience in a customer facing role;
- Be ready to travel on a weekly basis to varying locations around the Nordic region and possibly Europe wide.
- Ideally hold a university degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or have an equivalent electrical qualification.
- Your colleagues see you as: self-driven, target-oriented, punctual and reliable, with high energy and the ability to multi-task and manage ever changing priorities;
- You will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills while still being able to work independently;
- Be exceptional at planning, organising and the ability implement plans;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and Danish or Swedish, and the ability to communicate in an additional European based language would be of advantage;
- The opportunity to be a part of a highly professional team, passionate about keeping people safe at work;
- A competitive basic salary with a performance-oriented income and attractive fringe benefits;
- Exposure to personal development opportunities within the wider Omron organisation.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Johanna Herrlander; 0723-959106 or email@example.com