Learning Support/English as an Additional Language (EAL) PYP (grades 1-6) and MYP (grades 1-4) Terms of employment 100 % You will be working as part of the Learning Support team in the PYP and MYP.Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with relevant staff to promote an inclusive learning environment
- Maintaining a caring and supportive learning environment for students with learning support requirements
- Actively working towards improving the sense of well-being of students with learning support requirements
- Working towards ensuring that all students have access to a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum
- Collaborating with staff in developing a range of teaching strategies which incorporate different learning styles
- Collaborating with teachers to develop effective whole group practices, small group interventions, and individualised learning activities
- Continuously monitoring student learning
- Providing one-to-one and small group support to students both inside and outside the classroom
- Creating and implementing Plans of Action
- Teaching and supporting EAL students in order to provide access to the curriculum
- Providing appropriate challenging/extension learning experiences and enrichment opportunities for gifted and talented students
- Taking on other responsibilities as assigned by the Learning Support Coordinator
Excellent competence in English.
University Education Degree/Qualified Learning Support/EAL teacher.
Experience of teaching Learning Support and EAL.
Experience of working in international education is an advantage.
Experience of teaching students aged 6-11, 12-16.Om arbetsplatsen
Malmö International School - MIS - provides IB education in English for students aged 5-16. MIS is a place where our aim is that each and every student feels successful, appreciated and involved. The school is an international school where different cultures meet in unity, mutual respect and understanding.
MIS strives to create an atmosphere where intellectual growth, personal reflection and international mindedness are the main concerns of everyone. Our primary goal is to prepare our students for lifelong learning.MIS Vision
We are a community of globally minded citizens.
Together we take positive action to make a difference in the world.
Malmö International School celebrates diversity and fosters holistic learning.
All are encouraged to become open minded, life-long learners.
We are responsible for ourselves, each other and our environments.
MIS adheres to the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes of study: EYP, PYP and MYP.
The IB Learner Profile is the core of the programmes.Information om tjänsten
Antal tjänster: 1
Tillträde: February 2021Övrigt
Inför rekryteringsarbetet har vi tagit ställning till rekryteringskanaler och marknadsföring. Vi undanber oss kontakt med media-säljare, rekryteringssajter och liknande.
Malmö Stad strävar efter att medarbetarna ska avspegla den mångfald som finns bland befolkningen. Vi välkomnar därför sökande som kan bidra till att vi som arbetsgivare kan tillgodose Malmöbornas behov.
För att skicka in din ansökan, klicka på ansök nedan. Har du några frågor gällande tjänsten kontakta nedan nämnda kontaktpersoner.