To their headquarters in Malmö, Macrobond Financial is now looking for an ambitious and talented Group Business Controller with focus on development of financial planning processes and management reporting to top management. In this role you will be a key player in the continuous growth enablement for the company. You will work with talented individuals dedicated to continuing to develop the company and the finance function, but also be exposed to interactions and discussions with our owners, Nordic Capital.
The position will report directly to the CFO and be part of our finance team of 8 colleagues, which includes financial control, accounting and finance/business projects. You have probably experience from a larger international company and are now ready to take on further responsibility and to grow together with a fast-growing company within the SaaS industry.
Macrobond Financial is a highly profitable international company operating since 2008, with a bright future in the industry and an outstanding track record. Their flagship product, the Macrobond application, is a single platform that combines an extensive macroeconomic and financial database with easy-to-use tools for analysis and smart data visualization. Macrobond was acquired by Nordic Capital in 2018 and has 220 employees.
In this role you will have the opportunity to continue the development of finance and support the business to make more fact-based decisions to drive performance. The key priorities for Finance are to automate management reporting and forecasting process with digital tools, sharing info through BI tools and improve performance management within the Group. If you enjoy a high pace environment, a performance culture and the opportunity to continue the development of a modern and solid finance function, this is the position and company for you!Main responsibilities:
Experience and personal characteristics:
- Lead monthly management reporting process on group level and prepare highly professional management reports
- Lead forecasting process and participate in improvement project to implement and develop new digital forecasting tools and ensure decentralization of cost budgets out in the organization
- Developing and enhancing follow-up structure (and analysis) to evaluate performance by customer, product and market
- Ability to document, outline and improve financial planning and controlling processes (e.g. formalizing controlling handbook)
- Participate in efforts to automate controlling processes and share more data/info with organization through BI tools
- Participate, and sometimes take lead, in finance improvement projects, such as ERP project (i.e. D365) to cover business control perspective and performance management projects.
To be successful in this role we believe you have a university degree in Finance, Business Administration or similar and at least 3-5 years of experience from a business controller role, preferable from a multinational company. You are fluent in English, Swedish is beneficiary, and you have good knowledge/ability to work with finance systems (e.g. D365), business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI) and MS Office package (mainly Excel and PowerPoint).
Given the rapid growth there are constant changes and reprioritizing in terms of operational needs and it is key that you enjoy a dynamic environment and easily adapt to changes. You are triggered to solve complex problems, challenges and turning it around in a pragmatic and time effective way. For this role it is highly important to demonstrate ability to interpret, communicate/present findings and make recommendations in a professional way. The person we are looking for has strong analytical skills with ability to dive into details, but always able to understand the big picture.Company culture and offer?
The atmosphere at Macrobond is characterized by the feeling of success and bright future. The environment is international and dynamic with a high growth agenda and solid financials. The organization structure is flat, and everyone's contribution is equally valued and high performance is expected across all roles.
The continuous development and growth of the company also gives room for personal development and great career opportunities. This is an exciting position with great chance to influence, develop and strengthen our finance team and influence other parts of the organization as well.Location:
Dockplatsen 1, MalmöAbout the Macrobond product:
The application gives users access to a continuously maintained and updated global database of data procured from primary sources like central banks, statistical agencies, regulatory agencies, and international sources such as OECD and IMF. This integrated research solution allows users to go from selecting data to immediately applying a broad range of analyses in a way that is both easy to work with and facilitates customization and full control. With built-in charting, presentation and online-publishing tools, users can deliver professional looking charts and reports with minimal input and time, minimizing the workload of maintaining and updating publications. Example of clients are; investment banks, central banks, commercial banks, hedge fonds, universities and large corporations. Learn more at: www.macrobond.com
In this recruitment process Macrobond partner with Meritmind. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultants at Meritmind, Annika Vermunt
on 070-166 08 31 or Magnus Åberg
on 070-981 77 51.
Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.Consider this before you submit your application
- Your application shall not contain any personal data relating to civil status, family/children, ethnic origin, age, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation.
- Make sure our name and contact information is included in your resume.
- It is only possible to attach one document, so please add your resume and your personal letter, if needed, as one file.
- Your application will be sent when you select the file and click Open.
We look forward to receiving your application!