We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to be part of Egmont's eCommerce team based in Gothenburg The ambition of the eCommerce at Egmont is to develop tomorrow's leading e-commerce companies where we combine inspiration, retail core and technology to win new digital positions.
Egmont e-commerce portfolio currently consists of nine high-growth companies specializing in distinct categories, such as outdoor, parenting, kitchen/interior and health & beauty. The portfolio includes Royal Design, Fjellsport, Outnorth, Bagaren och Kocken, Jollyroom , Med24, Nicehair, Garnius and Skitt Fiske.
Within the e-commerce business area, Egmont has a highly skilled team that manage acquisitions and support the portfolio companies with knowledge sharing and value creation projects from strategy to operational excellence. The team is located in Sweden, Denmark and Norway, and work closely together.
Now, you have the opportunity to become a part of our success story and be able build our future platform of gathering and extracting advanced data-analyses.Who you are
You are a Data Engineer with a few years of experience from building cloud-based data infrastructure to be used for hands on business applications such as e.g. business intelligence, marketing automation, personalization etc. You are tempted by the thought of being part of building a data driven playbook for e-commerce and cannot wait to get your hands on the data that a 6 bnSEK e-commerce portfolio is generating. You have experience working in a Scrum alike environment and also experience with driving meetings.What you will be doing
Our ambition is to create tomorrows data driven e-Commerce that optimizes internal efficiency, customer experience and supplier relationships.
You will be part of a data unit that can support the companies in creating business value along the data driven journey. You will support the building of data flow channels and processing systems to extract, transform, load and integrate data from various sources into a cloud-based data warehouse/data lake. The infrastructure you design and maintain will not only secure efficient collection of data from different systems but also an efficient sharing of the processed data to output systems and applications. Securing the data quality and creating solid test environments is an integral part of making sure that the data is ready for hands on use in the businesses.
As part of a cross functional team, you will also be part of building the Front end necessary to deliver value to end user. Key in the support to the end user is the create logic and models that facilitates a transition towards automation of processes and decisions.Tasks include:
- Develop and implement use cases that supports the goals of our portfolio companies
- Build and maintain large-scale data pipelines to and from diverse data sources and customer tools, such ERP, Google Facebook, WMS
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Enable implementation of more advanced analytics, as in deployment of ML/Python algos.
- Earned degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related areas and/or proven track record of working in relevant data engineering role
- +4 years of experience from working as a data engineer with professional experience from concepts like ETL, data warehouse/data lake, data quality, APIs etc.
- Strong SQL skills and some Python skills is a must while experience with data science is an advantage
- Experience from Google Cloud Platform and supplying business intelligence applications such as Looker or PowerBI with data is an advantage
You will be part of
- Experience from e-commerce data analytics and is an advantage
- A skilled and ambitious central team working dedicated with the e-Commerce business area and responsible for a fast-growing investment portfolio.
- One of the most important growth areas in the entire Egmont Group, where we take an active ownership role in the portfolio companies.
We can offer
- A team consisting of 700 colleagues across the e-Commerce companies.
- Responsibility and development opportunities. We would like you to succeed as a part of our team and will help you develop in your role through feedback and active collaboration.
- You can create your own role within data and ecommerce.
About Egmont and Egmont eCommerce
- A flexible and unique work environment where an Idea can become actions or features in a short amount of time.
Egmont is a leading Nordic media group focused on award winning content and services within film, television, gaming, e-commerce, marketing, education, streaming, magazines and books. Egmont is also behind companies like Nordisk Film, TV 2 Norway and Lindhardt og Ringhof.About the e-commerce business
Egmont is the owner of a diverse and successful range of e-commerce businesses specializing in different categories such as outdoor, kitchen and parenting.
Egmont eCommerce has a strong portfolio of online retail companies within lifestyle. The e-commerce portfolio currently consists of nine high-growth companies specializing in distinct categories, such as outdoor, parenting and kitchen. The portfolio includes Royal Design, Fjellsport, Outnorth, Bagaren och Kocken, Jollyroom, Med24, Nicehair, Garnius and Skitt Fiske.
The total e-commerce revenue became 6 bnSEK in 2020. We continue to strengthen our companies further, as well as search for new investments. Our focus is the Nordics, but we also look for opportunities in Europe.
Being a foundation, the Egmont group profit is reinvested in our media companies and every year more than 13 million Euro is donated to help improve the lives of children and support film talents.
If you are interested in the possibility to become a part of our story and together with the e-commerce team create new success stories. Don´t wait – send us your application today!
You are welcome to reach out for any clarifying questions you may have: Elisabeth Hernberger HRBP firstname.lastname@example.org
Om du har frågor kring tjänsten så är du välkommen att kontakta: Elisabeth Hernberger HRBP Egmont.
Adress till arbetsplatsen:
SwedenSista ansökningsdag är 14/05/2021, men vi intervjuar löpande. Vänligen använd "Apply Now" knappen för att ansöka till tjänsten. Vi tar ej emot ansökningar vi e-mail.