BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!BAT SwedenIS LOOKING FOR A EH&S CoordinatorSENIORITY LEVEL:
Operations - EHSSALARY RANGE:
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonusLOCATION:
Fiedler & Lundgren Malmö, SwedenROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The EHS coordinator must continually keep the management team and the EHS manager informed of EHS issues, actions, and improvement plans, follow up measures, new legislations and regulations and contribute with ideas for continuous improvement. The EHS coordinator is responsible on behalf of the management to ensure that the EHS group/ skyddsorganisationen are working in accordance with applicable rules/ legislation and agreements.
Supports implementation of globally relevant EHS standards, ensure effective and efficient execution of local compliance to EHS requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for providing expert advice regarding policies, practices, and procedures in line with the local legislation, business context and the cultural and organizational requirements. The incumbent will work closely together with the Nordic EHS manager the local management team and with Safety reps.
BAT has a very high awareness regarding the health and safety of employees. Fiedler & Lundgren as a part of BAT are obliged to comply to BAT's EH&S global standards and work towards the set goal "closing the gap to zero" as well as implement global initiatives as IWS, EHS policy manual. Increasing complexity in production and a slim organization makes the importance of a structured environment, health, and safety program a high priority.Reports to:
Nordic EHS ManagerReporting Level:
Manages selfGeographic Scope:
LocalWHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Monthly Reporting in Global system EIR.
- Quarterly Environmental reporting in Global system Credit360.
- Reporting incidents to local authorities and Regional EHS manager.
- Implementation of BAT EHS processes to comply to BAT EHS standards.
- Coordinate all EHS trainings on site. Employees and contractors.
- Manage risk assessments and safe operating procedures.
- Maintain the EHS road map and Masterplan.
- Coordinate safety controls/inspections of emergency stops, interlocks, ladders etc.
- Keep updated on Swedish legislations regarding EHS and ensure compliance.
- Reporting to regional Nordic EHS.
- Manage environmental measurements i.e. noise, air quality, ergonomic.
- Support management in review and improve safe way of working procedure.
- Support of EHS local reporting process, data collection, reporting and following up on injuries, near misses and risk observations.
- Ensure compliance regarding I-Chemistry system.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Are you self-driven and exhibits an enterprising spirit?
WE ARE BAT
- Knowledge of Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- Be scientifically or technically qualified.
- Basic knowledge of chemical management, environmental rules, and regulations.
- Ability to identify, organize and execute coaching and training in connection to EHS needs and requirements.
- Fluent in spoken and written Swedish and English.
- Be able to communicate effectively with senior management at company level and in British American Tobacco, with local regulators and other official buddies and all members of the workforce.
- Have solid knowledge of how an industrial production company operates.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of environment, health, and safety work.
- Knowledge concerning Swedish legislations and BAT policies regarding EH&S.
- Experience and knowledge in hazardous work, contractor management program, emergency response plans and EHS management system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Service minded and flexible, structured and target oriented.
- Basic computer skills in MS office.
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women's Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner - one of 50 most sustainable companies
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!