This is a unique opportunity for you who is a senior in your career and wants to make an impact in a big community.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Boozt you're the enabler of our more than 150 developers, while balancing their needs out towards keeping our systems running reliably.
Your responsibility together with the team is to make sure the availability, quality and reliability of our platform services and application are meeting the requirements set. Another responsibility will be creating a scale up environment with fault tolerance, designing new foundational solutions or improving existing ones. You care for your work, are curious and investigative by nature, and are willing to act and go the extra mile for the developers and our customers.
The core of this team is a blame-free environment where we are curious, diverse and open-minded. Here we are driving our own projects and collaborating in the big picture making sure everything combines to a great development environment. We believe that we grow together and can be mentors to each other.OUR TECH STACK
All our systems are deployed in the Google Cloud Platform. We have adopted Terraform for all the configuration and management of the infrastructure, no manual ad-hoc changes are being done. We are using a mix of Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud Functions, and Kubernetes to deploy our systems, depending on their needs and characteristics. Current plan is to go more towards Kubernetes, we are in the process of containerizing more of our applications. Cloudflare is being used for CDN, authentication, and canary deployments among other things.
The majority of our systems are written in PHP using the Symfony framework. Among other languages that we are using are Elixir, Go, Python, TypeScript, Kotlin, Swift. For the data layer we have a mix of MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Manticore. We try to be pragmatic and pick the technology that suits us best for the specific task. Cross-system communication is happening over Google Pub/Sub and RabbitMQ.
Observability is something we put a lot of focus on. We are actively monitoring the health of our infrastructure and applications using Datadog. We use it to get a good overview of the errors, make sure that deployments are not affecting performance, make sure that the SLOs are not over the limit, investigate and collaborate during major outages.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Make sure the systems are able to scale sustainably through automation and improvement of reliability
- Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics, engineering analysis & reporting systems for actionable alerting
- Measuring and monitoring the availability, latency and overall health of the system once the services are live
- Be an escalation contact for incidents and adopt ideology of post mortems as incident response
- Be a technical advisor on scaling reliable services and work closely with development teams to ensure mutual goals are met
This is the position for you that is a self-driven person enjoying driving your own project together with inputs and discussions from others. You are open-minded to others ideas and creative in your problem solving. Do you also have experience with the following, we look forward to meeting you!
- Previous practical work experience from a similar position.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform. (AWS or Azure is good addition)
- Advanced or expert-level Linux administration
- Advanced experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Fluent in English since this is our corporate language (only applications in English will be considered)
We look forward to your application!
- Great personal and internal career development
- A culture that incorporates our values of trust, freedom, and responsibility
- Flexible work environment
- Driven and passionate international colleagues
- Yes, we really do speak English here, it is our corporate language
- A generous employee discount
- Barista coffee, veggies, and fruits for all, and Friday socials
- Milestone celebrations
- Wellness allowance and sports activities
- Onsite masseuse and medical doctor