Do you want to be part of Ascelia Pharma, an ambitious Malmö, Sweden based young orphan-oncology dedicated pharma company?
Do you want to lead the development of global access and reimbursement for a new orphan MRI imaging drug for diagnosing cancer in the liver? Are you motivated by bringing ideas to life in a fast-growing cross-functional team? Do you have a proven track record in global pricing and market access, an entrepreneurial mind-set and strong communication and project management skills?
If so, this may be your opportunity to pursue a challenging Director of Pricing & Market Access position and take part of our exciting journey, building and growing Ascelia and improving the lives of patients.
Ascelia Pharma is a pharma company focused on orphan oncology. We develop and commercialize novel drugs that address unmet medical needs and have a clear development and market pathway. We aim to further expand our drug pipeline in therapeutic areas that leverage our unique expertise in taking orphan oncology drugs through clinical stage development and commercialization.About the job
As our Director of Pricing & Market Access, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a world-class pricing and market access capability and secure optimal pricing, reimbursement, and access for Ascelia Pharma's current and future product portfolio. You will be a key player of our product commercialization.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Pricing & Market Access to join our cross-functional team to lead market access, pricing and reimbursement for the global launch of Mangoral, our orphan liver MRI contrast agent. You will also ensure that commercial opportunity assessments of other product candidates, including Oncoral, our oral gastric cancer chemotherapy, include the needs and perspectives of payers.Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and execution of a strategic and tactical launch plans for pricing & market access in key markets (with focus on the US)
- Mapping payer landscape and decision pathways for Mangoral and future product candidates
- Developing payer value communications material including, core value dossier, cost-effectiveness models and health economics material
- Collecting market and competitor insights on access, reimbursement and pricing.
- Develop tactical plans and tools for dialogue and submissions with local private and public payers
- Driving planning and execution of engagement with payer and policy maker stakeholders in key markets
- Develop offerings and contracting for hospital, formulary and accounts and develop strategy for local adoption
- Develop and execute patient advocacy and government affairs plans and partnerships to achieve desired outcomes
- Providing input to clinical development, regulatory, medical affairs and commercial launch plans based on payer insights
- Develop and manage our pricing and contracting strategies and policies for global launch execution
- Work in close collaboration with the cross-functional team, including medical affairs and marketing, to develop strong collective commercial launch efforts
The position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.Your qualifications
To master the job as Director of Pricing & Market Access, you need a track record in global market access and pricing from a pharmaceutical company.
You hold a master's degree from a relevant field of study, for example economics, medical, science and have:
As a colleague, professional and leader you:
- Minimum eight years relevant experience in Market Access roles, including pre-launch/launch experience. US experience is a prerequisite and top EU markets and Japan an advantage
- Strong analytical and execution skills as applied to strategic pricing, market access landscaping, payer evidence development and cost-effectiveness and health economics modelling (while a broad experience is prioritized, specific area of expertise is expected)
- Demonstrated ability to implement an access strategy for commercialized and pre-launch product
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions and countries
- Strong drive to achieve successful market access in all countries on national, regional and local level while maintaining high standards of ethics and ways of collaboration across stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a fast-growing cross-functional environment; experience in a start-up biotech company is a plus
- Deliver your results exhibiting strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate flexibility, integrity and ability to deal with complexity under pressure
- Are fluent in both spoken and written English and deliver effective written and oral communications to peers and management, up to and including Board level
- Are excited about the Ascelia Pharma's product portfolio and opportunities ahead
On the personal side, you have a positive can-do attitude and strong analytical skills. You set ambitious goals and solve tasks in a collaborative, fast-paced manner. You deliver on projects equally well if you drive them alone or if you contribute as a team member.
Travelling: some travelling will be required.
Work location: Preferably able to work primarily from the head office; other locations considered depending on the candidate.
Domicile: Hyllie Boulevard 34, 215 32 Malmö, Sweden
At Ascelia Pharma, your skills, dedication, and engagement help us improve the lives of people living with cancer. We offer you an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company with global reach, where engagement, dedication and results are met with opportunities for individual and professional development. We are committed to our core values Courage, Integrity and Focus.
Join us on our journey to improve patients' lives and build a global orphan oncology life science organization.How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below, along with any other material or apply directly from our website. Preferably apply as soon as possible but not later than 5 March. All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the job or the company, please contact:
Julie Waras Brogren
Chief Commercial Officer
Phone +46 735 17 91 16