Our Category team is now looking for a new colleague as Category Activator to service our AkzoNobel-owned Nordsjö Idé & Design stores in the Nordics.
Your main responsibility as a Category Activator is to support the Category Managers in an operative way to ensure that customer needs are met to deliver category sales and margin targets. This is highly a role where you need to be able to understand the whole category management process and have the capability to commercialize the assortment strategies. Depending on experience and capabilities, you will be given the opportunity to manage some categories independently. You will enter a tight working team where you act to back our Nordic market, supported by our European category set-up.
As a Category Activator, your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Adapt the Assortment Plan to local needs
- Transferring the Merchandising Requirements into Store Planograms
- Converting the POS Requirements into local templates
- Converting the Training material into local templates and modules
- Inclusion of Promotion Requirements into local Promotional Plan
- Data Management
- Market Analysis such as price and competitor checks
- Range Review support
- Helpdesk Queries
- Supplier Invoice Querie
- Responsible for supplier agreements and evaluation including all types of bonus agreements.
- Working closely with Nordic stores to identify and develop any in store opportunities also ensuring planograms work to achieve the optimal value and ease of shop.
- Identify and manage own brand opportunities.
- Develop an annual product promotion program, working with marketing to ensure a good mix of customer offers. Monitor and evaluate performance to ensure their effectiveness.
- Negotiate, manage and follow up on bonus from suppliers.
- Responsible for the full year campaign offers including campaign documentation for all stores.
- Responsible for coordinate Events and trainings in store.
- Follow up and analysis campaigns
- Support store manager in activation and campaign execution
- Experienced procurement or category management professional with a broad understanding of a retail or trade environment
- Previous experience at a buyer level in retail or other significant supplier management experience
- Fluent in English as well as Swedish
- Degree qualified or equivalent in procurement, supply chain or commercial area as well as Business experience within the coatings industry is desirable.
- Experience from working with in-store solutions and planogram tools
- Experience from marketing
As a person you have a strong commercial mindset with a business and key financial understanding. You are result oriented and driven. You are able to keep a business focus while driving multiple projects simultaneously. You have exceptional communication and influencing skills.
To be successful in this position we also believe that you have a well-organized and structured. Y ou are a good team player with networking skills and you are able to drive the business forward. We believe you enjoy working in a high pace in an ever-changing environment.
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to Head of Stores Manager Nordics. The position is placed on our site in Sege, Malmö. Your application can be sent both in Swedish or English.
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded. If you have any general questions about your application or need assistance please contact: TalentResourcing.SE@akzonobel.com
For additional information about the position, Klas Tengroth, Head of Stores, +46 709 49 08 35.
For information about the recruitment process please contact Elisabet Haraldsdottir, Talent Acqusition Partner, phone +46 703 50 17 99.
For Unions related questions, please contact:
Unionen: Jörgen Dahlgren 0708-355249
Seges Akademikerförening: Johan Vilhlborg +46 708 83 56 37
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition – to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
Click here to know more about our business.
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We're also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We're the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.