AWA is one of Europe's leading companies within intellectual property. It was founded in 1897 and is represented with offices in Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong and China.
The AWA Group is growing and is in an exciting phase in its development. The organisation has grown from a mainly Swedish and Scandinavian organisation to a more global and complex organisation. AWA's clients are innovation intensive companies operating around the world. To meet client demands AWA needs to focus on developing its offerings and drive operational excellence. This includes developing new digital solutions and improving business processes that support client and employee satisfaction and drive profitability. As CFO you are part of the Executive management team and report to Group CEO.Responsibilities as CFO:
Qualifications and experience
- Part of the Group Management Team. Proactively drive the improvement of revenue and profitability by working closely with the management team and the organisation.
- Involved in developing group strategies, group financial targets and KPI's.
- Support group decision making by providing insightful analysis of group development.
- Lead and develop AWA Group Finance. Eight employees within the Finance department, of which three report directly to CFO.
- Drive innovation and digitalization in the Finance department but also drive and support the digital transformation of the firm.
- Optimize cash flow and working capital processes.
- Ensure timely and efficient reporting at all business levels.
- Continue the development of the Shared Service Center.
- Follow up on investments and business cases. Internal control and Risk management.
- Flag risk and highlight movements and gaps against targets and together with management develop mitigation actions.
To be considered for this role you have a University degree within Business administration or similar. You have several years of experience in a leading role within finance in an international environment. You are fluent in both Swedish and English, spoken as well as written. Experience from professional service firms or other organisations with highly skilled employees is especially useful.Personal characteristics
You need to have the drive and capability to enable change. You have great communication skills and can challenge the organization in a humble and assuring way. Your main focus is the business but also the people in the organization as they are our key asset. You are confident and trust your own decisions but at the same time understands the importance of having support from the teams.Location:
AWA is a leading consultancy firm in intellectual property (IP) with presence in Europe and Asia. Our clients are innovation-intensive companies, ranging from startups to owners of the world's most well-known brands and patent portfolios. We help them turn their ideas and innovations into business opportunities. Our 200 patent attorneys, attorneys-at-law and other IP pros are experts in IP strategy and legal services as well as patents, trademark, design, and copyright. AWA was founded in 1897 and has 370 employees at 21 offices in Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Germany, China/Hong Kong and the US. In 2019 we reported sales of EUR 84 million
In this recruitment, AWA is partnering with Meritmind. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultant at Meritmind, Carl Ence
at 070-166 08 24
or email@example.com or talent acquisition Viktoria Asp
at 073-748 20 92
or firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.Please note this before submitting your application (in accordance with the new GDPR legislation)
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Your application should not contain personal data relating to civil status, family situation / children, ethnic origin, age, political opinion, religious or philosophical belief, union membership, health or sexual orientation.
- Make sure that your name and contact details are included in your resume.
- It is only possible to attach one document, so please include CV and personal letter in the same file.
- Your application will be sent when you select file and click open.