We are proud to be the world's leading producer of specialty vegetable oils and fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
We employ more than 3,800 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.About the role
Based from any of our European locations we are seeking to appoint a Key Account Manager. Reporting to the Strategic Account Manager, you will support in the regional deployment of the global sales strategy, pricing, product mix and portfolio management of a global account. You will propose, develop and execute sales plans to ensure the organisation's sales volume and profitability objectives for the account are met.Responsibilities
- Develop sales plans, activities, and campaigns in order to implement the overall sales and product strategies for the account.
- Visit customers, traveling in Europe and potentially outside of the region should be expected (following all COVID secure guidelines).
- Monitor sales volume, revenues, and costs against forecasts to identify problem areas; and adapt procedures to improve the overall performance of a strategic account.
- Act in accordance with the CCV behaviours and apply the CCV tools for each phase of the buying cycle.
- Drive the implementation of customer innovation to customers in identifying, developing and implementing our solutions as part of overall business development.
- Active involvement in global negotiations.
- Oversee sales support activities such as sales administration, customer service, distribution, invoicing, and credit and collections to ensure that customer orders are processed, dispatched, invoiced, and paid accurately and on time.
- Degree qualified in Sales management, Business Studies or equivalent subject.
- Technical background in Food Science or Food Engineering would be preferential.
- Accredited as a chartered member of a leading Sales Management professional body.
- Knowledge of account management practices, tasks, and tools and ability to provide services and support to strategic clients.
- Ability to prepare and present formal recommendations for how the organisation can meet the customer's needs.
- Knowledge of and the ability to close deals, reach final sales agreements and estimate sales trends in the market.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.