AAK Personal Care is looking for an experienced and creative Customer Innovation and Technical Support Manger (CIM) to help strengthen our international CIM team. AAK Personal Care develops and commercializes plant derived emollients and functional ingredients for the global cosmetic and personal care industry.
The CIM is the technical solution provider, who - in close collaboration with our commercial partners - is responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing technical solutions to market or customer specific problems or needs. The attitude and technical expertise of the CIM is instrumental in creating and maintaining strong and professional relations, especially with peers in the formulation and product development departments of our customers and partners. The role requires that the CIM is a specialist in PC product applications.About the position
The CIM responsibilities include:Customer Co-Development, Technical Support, and Knowledge Sharing:
- Technical expert and contact point for customers, distributors, and sales managers
- Responsible for identifying customer specific opportunities and issues - and for developing sustainable, customer centric solutions to same.
- Responsible for establishing, creating awareness of, interest in, and understanding of our product USPs and value propositions – externally and internally.
- Actively contributing to the development and execution of our internationally renowned AAK Academies and Technical Seminars.
- Co-responsible for the business development of our customers (global/regional/local) and distributors.
Application Development and Formulation Management:
- Participation in customer meetings and in fairs, exhibitions, and conferences
- Participation in customer and distributor dialogues as a recognized application specialist
- Monitoring formulation trends and converting these into commercial growth opportunities
NPD and Claims Substantiation
- Creation of inspirational formulations for our marketing activities
- Responsible for identifying, interpreting and sharing customer and market needs with the Customer Innovation, Marketing and Product Development teams
- Actively contributing to new product development, application and/or claims substantiation projects.
- Driving claims substantiation initiatives through external partners to support our global sales, marketing and innovation processes
- Maintaining and developing appropriate laboratory facilities
The position is based in Malmö, Sweden, or in a home office. You will report to our Director Customer Innovation and Technical Support, Personal Care. The position requires the ability to travel 30-60 days per year, mainly in Europe.Who are you?
To be successful in this role you have a university degree (BSc, MSc, PhD) in chemistry, cosmetic science, pharmaceutical science or similar. You have several years of professional experience from the personal care or pharma industries, in formulation, product development and innovation, or in new technology implementation. Previous experience from technical support functions and business development being a bonus. You have good communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluency in English is a must. Speaking Spanish, French, or German will be an advantage.
You are extrovert and appreciate customer interaction and dialogue. You are passionate about your job and your dedication, structure and persistent approach to assignments are key drivers for timely completion of tasks. You like being part of a team, but can work independently, when needed. You are curious and like applying theory in practice, including experimental work in our physical and application labs. You have a commercial mindset and do take pride in actively contributing to the continued growth of AAK Personal Care.Contacts and application
For further information about the position please contact our Director Customer Innovation & Technical Support, Personal Care, Johanna Borné, phone no +46 723886023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the recruitment process please contact HR Manager Malin Olsson, phone no +46 454-823 22 or email email@example.com .
Please submit your application with relevant enclosures soonest possible as applications are evaluated continuously. Last day for application is Friday 3rd of January.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.