About the job
In the role as Legal Counsel Operations you will be supporting our global operations with legal advice. Your main task will be to support the business with a variety of legal matters that may arise in connection with manufacturing, sourcing and operations development, and work closely with the key stakeholders of Global Sourcing, Operations Development and Risk Management. In this role, you will work in close cooperation with your global legal colleagues as well as the operation management. You will report to VP Group Legal Services based at the headquarters in Lund.
Your main responsibilities will include:
What we are looking for
- Proactively manage risk and provide advise on all legal aspects related to global sourcing, manufacturing, operations development and risk management, including e.g., all areas of procurement (raw materials, parts, tools, manufacturing investments, services), IoT, additive manufacturing, intellectual property rights, confidentiality, and crisis management relevant to operations;
- Drafting and review of various contracts which relate to global sourcing and operations such as research and development, collaboration, consortium, purchasing, construction and licensing agreements;
- Identify and manage risks and provide legal support through sound commercial, legal and ethical risk assessments for the relevant to operations;
- Create, implement, and actively participate in the continuous improvement of related policies, processes, template agreements and supporting tools;
- Participate in high impact agreement negotiations;
- Manage disputes and litigations; and
- Appoint and manage external legal advisers.
You have a Swedish or foreign LL.M. degree followed by at least five years of experience from working as in-house legal counsel or at a reputable law firm. To be successful in this role, you have experience from working with legal aspects of procurement, manufacturing development and IoT. Experience from working with legal aspects of additive manufacturing and crisis management is a merit.
You have a strong commercial understanding and pro-actively take initiatives to contribute with your expertise to impact the business. You have a high level of integrity and are confident in your competence and the value you bring as a business partner, but you also possess a curiosity to learn and take on new challenges in this dynamic role. You have an ability to work independently and find legally adequate solutions to various situations. You can quickly analyze complex information and communicate the same in a simplified way with a clear advice to enhance decision-making. You are flexible and adapt positively to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are a positive and engaged team player who are not afraid to deliver and dig in where necessary. We expect you to be driven and a person able to prioritize. You are fluent in English and enjoy working in an international environment.
The role may involve international travel from time to time.Contact and Application
In this recruitment process, Alfa Laval is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received. Please apply via www.jurek.se. Note that we do not accept applications by email. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Linn Marthinussen by phone 076 - 002 69 41, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.About us
Alfa Laval is a leading global provider of first-rate products in the areas of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling. With these as its base, Alfa Laval aims to help enhance the productivity and competitiveness of its customers in various industries throughout the world. We define their challenges and deliver sustainable products and solutions that meet their requirements - mainly in energy, the environment, food and the marine industry.