Alligator is a research-based biotechnology company founded in 2001. The company specializes in the development of antibody-based pharmaceuticals for cancer treatment. The company is primarily active in the early phases of drug development, from the idea stage to clinical phase II trials.
We are currently seeking a laboratory engineer for our expanding Protein Science group. The ideal candidate should be familiar with protein expression, purification and characterization as well as to enjoy working with multiple laboratory technologies. The position is a full-time permanent position and is located in Lund.What you can expect:
Your overall focus will be in the production and characterization of monoclonal and bispecific antibodies, to help select candidate drugs with excellent development properties. You will experience a very dynamic working environment with a high variety of tasks. The main part of your tasks will be hands on laboratory work and will include primarily:
- Generation of research material for e.g. functional assays as well as to support downstream process development
- Protein characterization of candidate mAb and/or bsAb in order to determine developability, purity and quality
- Execution of formulation and stability studies
- Cultivation and handling of mammalian cell cultures
As we constantly improve our platform you will from time to time also work with establishing new technologies and testing new equipment to help maintain a cutting edge laboratory.Our expectations:
For this position we are looking for a curious and goal-oriented laboratory engineer that will thrive in a dynamic R&D environment. We expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Hold a BSc or MSc degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar with sound experience of independent laboratory work
- Have a flexible and positive mindset that is open to and enjoys learningnew laboratory methods, processes etc.
- Have a track-record of being able to structure and prioritize multiple tasks
- Be fluent in English as this is the company language
The ideal candidate is also experienced with antibodies and has hands-on experience in all or some of the following areas:
- Protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, thermostability analysis etc.)
- Protein purification techniques (affinity purification/gel filtration/ion exchange)
- Purification instruments (ÄKTA/NGC)
- Automatization (working with liquid handlers)
- Cell culturing and sterile techniques
To be successful in this position it is important that you embody our core values: Respect, Commitment and Innovation. In return you will find a culture based on openness, mutual respect and dedication with the possibility for individual development and growth as well as the chance to make a true difference for cancer patients around the world.Application
We handle screening and selection ongoing and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than July 2nd 2018. Apply by clicking on "Sök tjänst".
Please upload your CV and cover letter. All enquiries are treated confidentially.
We don´t accept applications via email.
For further information regarding the role please contact Per-Anders Johansson on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Johanna Isberg, tel +46 705 843383 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!