We at NIRA believe in making the roads safer by applying sophisticated software solutions on normal passenger cars. Solutions that are used in everything from controlling vehicle dynamics locally in the car to real-time maps for autonomous vehicles in winter climate.
As a Data Engineer you will be a part of the NIRA engineering team where fusion of data from multiple sources including vehicle, climate and image data is made to enable vehicle perception for autonomous driving. Besides the development of new features, the team is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the status of existing products, as well as continuous development of our working processes.Your team
You will work within a Scrum team where you, in close cooperation with your team members, work on multiple products delivering new features in an agile manner. The team consists of six engineers and one team manager, leveraging test driven development, pair programming, code reviews and continuous integration and deployment.This is what you will do
- Implement big data pipelines for aggregating vehicle data using Apache Flink and Spark
- Build scalable and highly available services using Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka and ScyllaDB
- Analyse and gain insight from our unique fleet data set using Jupyter and Athena
- Build interactive data visualizations using React and WebGL.
- Explore and adopt new technologies in any of the areas above
- Participate in discussions with our customers and suppliers
As you get comfortable within your role and the organization, there is an opportunity to take on the role as scrum master.Who are you?
Other required qualifications
- You are a skilled software engineer with both breadth and depth, aka T-shaped.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced growing market at the forefront of technology.
- You understand the value of building relationships, successful collaboration and keeping the entire team engaged and on the same page.
- You are goal-oriented and you do what is required to achieve a great result, as well as questioning and challenging the current way of working.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering, or solid work experience.
- Experience from working in an agile organization with scrum methodology.
- Solid programming skills from Scala, Java or equivalent.
- Fluency in English .
To find out more about our company and all the great aspects of being a part of NIRA, take a look at our Culture Book and visit our company website, LinkedIn and Facebook.