Have you been working for a few years as a system developer but feel it's time for a new challenge? Are you prestigeless and driven by working with future technology together with a qualified team? Then you can be the right person for UMS Skeldar, which is now in an exciting phase to increase the pace of development and production of the UAS platform Skeldar V-200 for the military and civilian market worldwide. Now there's the chance to be part of their expansion as a software developer, apply today!Information om uppdraget
Academic Work, together with UMS Skeldar, is looking for a software developer for their development team. Here you get the opportunity to work with advanced and new technology in a company that values teamwork as well as own responsibility. In this role, you will have a broad perspective of working with the development and maintenance of the UAS systems.
UMS Skeldar is a Joint Venture between UMS AERO Group and Saab. UMS Skeldar was formed in 2016 and is a highly qualified company with all the features required to develop and deliver complete UAS systems. They are now in a very expansive phase where the vision is to provide advanced solutions for unmanned helicopters systems to meet complex challenges in today's market.
The service is a direct recruitment, which means that the recruitment process takes place through Academic Work, but you will be employed directly at UMS Skeldar.Arbetsuppgifter
In this role you will be developing both the vehicle and the ground station that the unmanned helicopters are operated from. The development involves the systems, but you will also work with maintenance, troubleshooting and debugging. If you are used to low level development you will quickly adapt to the role while still being able to work broad within the entire process, where you on your own will develop, test and do the documentation. Developing and maintaining the drivers used to enable the helicopter to communicate transponders, GPS and other systems will be a big part of the role. It is a broad role with much variation, therefore it is possible to influence how the role will develop over time. You also work close to the technicians and flight testers to make sure that the systems you develop are being implemented and used correctly.
An average workday might look something like this:
- Writing a module test for the code of the control system in Skeldar, execute and report system tests in the avionic rigs.
- Update a simulator model for one of the components in the helicopter
- Read a protocol specification for a device and implement the driver to enable communication with it
- Participate in planning to estimate the time needed to integrate a new device into to the system
- Troubleshoot a software crash on the target platform
The role suits someone who values high quality, always tests their code, takes compilation warnings seriously and makes sure to fix flaws in quality and documentation. If you have the ability to see the user and security perspective in what you are developing, this role is for you. This ensures that you will feel at home in your role and enables you to innovate and use your creativity. You will also have the possibility to participate and influence in a small business with high ambition. We see that you are motivated by responsibility and constantly challenging yourself while still maintaining a strong team-focus.Vi söker dig som
- Acquired a bachelors or masters in a relevant field
- Good knowledge and experience from programming in C++. Knowledge in Java, C# and/or Python is seen as a merit
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
We see that you have good problem solving capabilities and have an eye for details and high quality in the way you code. You like to try new ways of working and to test new ideas while still taking responsibility for your work and for the company. We also see that you are cooperative, enjoy working in a team and have a positive attitude. The development team also enjoys biking to and from work, so it's a plus if you enjoy that as well.Additional information
- START: As soon as possible
- WORK EXTENT: Full-time, office hours
- LOCATION: Linköping
- UMS Skeldar will do a registry control before hiring
- Contact information: Frida Andersson, 013-470 96 09
- Do you meet the requirements? Click on Apply and submit your application as soon as possible as our selection process is continuous.
- We only handle applications through our website but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us email@example.com and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail.
We are Home of the Young Professionals. We offer jobs for students or those who have completed their studies and have up to five years of work experience. With us, you can work as a consultant on specific client assignments or you can become employed directly by one of our customer companies through our recruitment service. Find out more on our web site www.academicwork.se.