Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Sibelco are looking for a site manager for their Forshammar operation in Sweden.
Forshammar is a hard rock operation with 9 employees onsite.
This is an attractive role that could be well suited to a team leader or production supervisor ambitious to progress their career.The role:
The Site Manager is responsible for the site staff and organises, optimises and continually improves the operational activities in his site taking into account the local regulations, rules, the permits, the agreed cost budget and the Sibelco Values and policies. All this to be done in a safe and sustainable way.
The Site Manager aims to guarantee on his site:
- A Zero Harm approach to operational safety
- A first class service to the customer
- Best competitive cost position (cost reduction, increase site yield, better value products, better processes, product management and production scheduling)
- Continuous improvement of the plant in term of processes, quality, environment and legal obligation respect and health and safety
- The continuity in time of the mining and processing activities
- The management and development of the site staff through the development of talent, competence and career progression.
Skills and Experience requirements:
- Lead the Operations activities in the Site according to the Operational Excellence principles and in a safe way
- Lead site staff
- Implement the regional KPI's into the site
- Execute operational activities within the budgeted Opex and Capex prescriptions
- Implement, maintain and improve with his team excellent performing processes in the site
- Responsible for the permits and execution of operations/quarry activities within the framework of the permit supported by the Sustainability Manager
- Final responsible for the HS at the Site
- Leadership experience in an industrial environment (mining/heavy industry)
- Good level of spoken and written English as well as Swedish
- Financial understanding to build budget
- Good computer Skills (Microsoft Office pack: Excel, outlook, etc)
- Understanding of Process and Engineering content (experience with process automation would be a plus)
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Total Quality and HSE tools an advantage (SAP, M3, SAM, etc)
- Knowledge of local permitting
- Team player
- Pragmatic approach
- Good communication skills on different levels in organization
- Change management
- Build effective relationships with colleagues, administration and customers
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Michelle Lucas on firstname.lastname@example.org or +33610014406. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.Closing date for applications is Sunday 24th March.