Candela's ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft flies above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe's currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a service technician to support Candela's growth ambitions.You will:
- Service, troubleshoot and repair boats in our facility on Lidingö.
- Perform maintenance of boats (washing, polishing, prepairing for winter storage etc).
- Perform field service and repairs at customers or partners in Sweden and abroad.
- Support local and global customers online.
- Transport and launch boats, both by road and sea transport.
To be successful in the role you need to:
- Perform extended testing of production boats.
- Have previous experience as service technician, boat mechanic or similar work.
- Have a B driver's license.
- Have deep understanding of electrical systems such as batteries, chargers and control electronics.
- Have nautical experience and boat driving experience.
- Be able to work independently.
- Be able to run support by email and phone in English.
- Have a team-oriented attitude.
It's a plus if you have:
- Feel comfortable with traveling and being away from home from time-to-time.
Join a stellar team
- Experience in the marine automotive industry
By bringing together some of the world's brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is "with a revolutionary spirit and kindness", which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 100 + colleagues in a multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our service facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.Application
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it's ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!