As a Strategic Purchaser - Category managment, direct material, you will manage several purchasing categories by defining category strategies, supporting the drive of strategic sourcing projects, implementing and following up results for SKF Mekan. Support work of securing long term development of the supplier base through supplier relationship management (SRM) and supplier development programs. You will work in close collaboration with SKF Group Category manager.About the company
For SKF, engineering is something much bigger than a bearing that reduces friction. It is about helping to build a strong and competitive industry, which creates new jobs and new ideas. It's about connecting and being at the forefront when it comes to new technology and it's about creating conditions, so that we can hand over the planet in a slightly better condition than when we took over.
SKF Mekan develops, manufactures and markets bearing housings and bearing accessories that are used where SKF's bearings are built into machines and various applications. The production takes place partly in our foundry and partly in our machine shop. SKF Mekan AB has sales of approximately SEK 1,000 million and approximately 400 employees.Job description
We offer a job in an international environment with a good opportunity to develop a large network. You will be a part of a diverse workforce where you get to face exciting challenges and varied tasks.Job responsibilities:
Your profileJob requirements
- Analyze category spend data to find opportunities for cost reduction, in close relation with the Global Category Manager
- Participate in category strategy development
- Support Category Managers and Global Strategic Purchasing Managers in defining Business Plan
- Manage (when delegated by Global Category Manager)/Participate in strategic sourcing projects applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
- Drive supplier selection: Collaborate with Category Manager in defining the optimal supplier selection process, considering supply market specifics. Screen supply market and select suppliers in close cooperation with Category Manager. Develop negotiation strategy. Participate in/lead fact based negotiations (when delegated).
- Drive implementation of strategic sourcing results.
- Drive outsourcing projects against strategic suppliers.
- Drive supplier entry and exit/switch process. Define contract implementation plan and apply/develop supplier performance evaluation model, tracking key performance indicators. Work in close collaboration with BU's to secure local acceptance of new contracts.
- Manage Supplier Relationship Managements (SRM) for assigned suppliers
- Measure and manage supplier performance in all QCDIM aspects as well as CSR & responsible sourcing requirements
- Manage internal customer relationship
- Conduct supply market development activities (e.g. supplier scouting, supply market risk analysis).
- Run their operations according to the SKF Code of Conduct, Environment Health & Safety (EHS), and Quality Policies, and work according to the SKF Quality Management System. If the operation is EHS certified, work according to the SKF EHS Management System.
- 3-5 years of experience in supplier/customer interaction function (Purchasing/Sales/Quality)
- Familiar with purchasing processes
- Purchasing background is meritorious
- Good understanding of SKFs supplier market
- Bachelor's degree within relevant area or equivalent working experience
- Fluent in Swedish and English, written and spoken.
- Good computer skills and a high capability in learning new IT systems/programs
- Work with multiple suppliers and categories at the same time
- Ability to collect facts and make a proposal for decision based on that
- Ability to handle different types of stakeholders
- Good negotiation skills
SKF Mekan collaborates with Skill in the recruitment process. Please note that we work with ongoing selection and that the position may be filled before the last application date, therefore we encourage you to apply for the position today.
For questions regarding the position, please contact responsible recruiter Martina Arrelid, email@example.com.