We are Telia Company and We connect businesses, individuals, families, and communities via fixed and mobile communication solutions. Our services have a positive effect on social, economic, and environmental development and pave the way for an inclusive society.
We are looking for Operations Engineers at Telia Control Center in Karlstad. We at Telia Control Center in Karlstad are a unique workplace that works with Incident Management of Telia Company’s services and networks and customer solutions - all over the world, 24/7. We ensure the operation of all of Telia’s customers related to all Telia products and services. We are a part of a large, driven, and highly skilled division of the Telia company that detects, analysis, and resolves faults in our networks.
The business is up and running 24/7, 365 days a year. IT and the Telecom industry are changing faster than ever and at Telia, we have decided to take the lead in this development. In our organization, we put the customer first to deliver a world-class customer experience and support
Is this your next opportunity?
This role is an opportunity to gain insight to and learn the operations of a large international telecom operator by working with different countries and in a rapidly changing technology landscape. You will join a highly motivated team and learn the skills needed for monitoring and providing operations for platforms and Mobile networks across Telia’s Markets.
As a member of my team, you will:
- Work with identifying, analyzing, reporting, and resolving incidents primarily
- Continue to grow in your role and learn new things every day
- Actively collaborate in different functions in Telia to overcome our challenges
- Service-minded, flexible, and pragmatic
- Having the ability to see the big picture in dialogue with our customers, colleagues and entrepreneurs
- Capacity to work in teams and with limited to no supervision
The employment is in a secure facility and Swedish citizenship is required for the security check process. You should also be able to work outside office hours in shift, as it is a 24/7 operations monitoring center for all network and services for the Nordics, Baltics and internationally. You need to have the ability to communicate in English and Swedish.
Is this you?
- Is your ambition to work in a High-Tech environment and Network Operations?
- Do you have an interest in technology and the curiosity to continuously learn?
- Are you, as a person, solution-oriented and like to collaborate to find new solutions?
- Does a workplace where you never know what challenges you and your team will encounter on a daily basis appeal to you?
- Do you see opportunities where others see problems?
- Does a workplace where you never know what challenges you and your team will meet today appeal to you?
- Will you boost our journey towards more automation?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any or all the above questions, then you may be the one we are looking for
We value a team consisting of different backgrounds and skills. Relevant technical degrees or certificates are of course meriting but your ambition, personality, and mindset are equally important.
- Technical background in Telecom or IT or networks
- Understanding of Mobile Networks on a High level.
- Fluent in spoken and written Swedish and English.
- Experience in routing and switching (Preferable)
- Technical Customer Support experience is a bonus.
- Experience in network monitoring and incident event management
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
If you fancy joining our team, don’t hesitate to apply!
Show your interest for future open positions for Operations Engineer, by applying through our recruitment system. We will reach out to you when we see a potential match according to your skills, experience, competencies, and area of interest.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent.
As a part of our recruitment process, and to ensure that our process is fair, free of bias, and that decisions are being made on the right ground, we will give you the opportunity to complete a personality questionnaire and/or problem-solving test. The link to the test(s) will be sent to you in a few days.
Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline.
Welcome to Telia - Join us and make better happen!