Did you know that the world's largest and foremost sewing machine company has its development department in Huskvarna? Now it's going to be even bigger! VSM are investing in Huskvarna - to strengthen new exciting challenges. We hope that you want to make this trip with them!Om kundföretaget
SVP Sewing Brands is the world's largest consumer sewing machine company, accounting for approximately one out of every three sewing machines sold annually across the globe. The company was founded in 1851, and its three iconic brands - SINGER®, HUSQVARNA VIKING® and PFAFF® - each have delighted consumers for over 140 years. The Singer brand is the industry's most recognized and ranks #1 in the industry in brand awareness, likelihood to purchase and overall quality, according to a recent Gallup survey. The Husqvarna Viking® and Pfaff® brands have a premium positioning that are regarded as the brands of choice for serious sewers and crafters.
The company's corporate headquarters is located in Nashville, TN and is supplemented by regional headquarters/sales offices located in Milan (Italy), São Paulo (Brazil), and Sydney (Australia) that, combined, reach consumers in more than 180 countries. SVP has four manufacturing facilities across Asia and Latin America, two global R&D centers, a software development center in Europe and a global supply chain with distribution centers in all regions.
SVP has a history of innovation and has established a leading offering in the Internet-of-Things (IoT) segment by introducing mySewnet®, the industry's first cloud-based operating system, and the Premier+ suite of software. Its product portfolio covers entry level sewing machines all the way up to advanced, internet-connected, leading edge household sewing machines that retail for $15,999 and all segments in-between. In addition to sewing machines, the product portfolio includes sewing accessories, notions, garment care products as well as software.
The products are sold across a network of sewing machine dealers, mass retailers (e.g., Costco, Walmart, MediaMarkt, Carrefour), specialty retailers (e.g., Joann, Michaels), online retailers (e.g., Amazon, Tmall), distributors, and through the company's ~200 internally-operated retail stores.
The sewing machine industry is a global industry that is experiencing renewed growth. In developed markets, growth rates are projected to outpace GDP growth, according to Global Industry Analysts, Inc., the leading industry data source. Growth in these markets is driven by the Millennial generation that is increasingly attracted to personalization, crafts and self-expression (e.g., cosplay). In developing markets, the industry is expected to grow at 6.7% annually, fueled by the emerging middle class and the "need to sew" segment that uses sewing machines to support the household.
In 2018, SVP was acquired by Ares Management (www.aresmgmt.com), a leading asset manager with $125B+ assets under management. The new owner has made substantial investments to strengthen the balance sheet and set the company up for growth. Leveraging its brands, innovative products, motivated employees, global footprint, and the financial strength of the new owner, SVP is looking compete more aggressively in the marketplace, accelerate growth, and attract talented team members.Dina arbetsuppgifter
The R&D Software and Electronics department of SVP Worldwide is responsible for designing and implementing software, electronics and UX design for sewing and embroidery machines.
The main responsibility of Manager for Software & Electronics is to coordinate and oversee the people, resources and processes required to deliver new software and electronics or upgrade existing products.
You will also be responsible for:
- Enforce strict adherence to SVP's Product Development Process (PDP)
- Deliver new product launches to market on time, on budget and to quality and performance specifications.
- Work with project management to create realistic resource allocation of all R&D staff to support new and existing product
- Set and follow up department goals as well as make sure individual goals are set and followed up throughout the whole organization
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor staff to increase productivity and output by utilizing best engineering practices.
- Know and understand principles that drive functional excellence within products.
- Know, understand and manufacturing techniques required to achieve excellence in mass production.
- Know and understand the project scope, specifications, and essential regulatory requirements that are applicable to the product being developed.
- Identify areas of risk and work quickly to mitigate risk / maximize opportunity.
- Monitor progress and report if the team encounter obstacles that needs attention.
- Attend or schedule meetings with other stakeholders to update them on the project and
- Authority to approve software and electronics for new or existing products
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Software Engineering or related field
- Fluent English, verbal and in writing
The next software & electronics manager has at least 5 years of personnel responsibility and a minimum of 5 years of technical background of developing software and electronics. You also have prior experience in development in using C/C++, and use to work in scrum methods.
You are a reliable and excellent leader and always deliver on-time. You prefer to set and meet high standards in a flexible and responsive work style. You are a high-level multitasker and keep a strong focus on whats to be done.
Start: As soon as possible
Work extent: Full-time employment
Location: Jönköping (Huskvarna)
Employment: The service is a direct recruitment, which means that you will be employed directly with VSM Group Sweden.
This recruitment process is conducted by OnePartnerGroup. The request from VSM is that all questions regarding the position is handled by OnePartnerGroup.
Please apply via the link below and attach CV and cover letter in English. Interviews will take place continuously. The position may be filled before closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.
For more information regarding the position or the recruitment process, please get in touch with the recruitment consultant Mikael Rydholm at +46(0)734141684 or by e-mail at email@example.com.