Orkla House Care is 100% owned by Orkla ASA, and is one of the companies in the Orkla Consumer and Financial Investments business area. Orkla House Care is the leading provider of brushes, rollers and other painting tools. Including relevant consumables such as sanding, tape, protection gear and cleaning equipment. The main markets are the Nordic countries and the UK. The main proprietary brands are Jordan, Harris, Anza, Spekter and Hamilton. Sales are mainly through traditional paint shops and trade merchants. The business has 1100 employees and the total business has a turnover of approximately 1,2 billion Norwegian kroner. Most of the products are self-produced and distributed through Bankeryd in Sweden, and Bromsgrove in the UK. The head office is at Skøyen in Oslo.Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you have a special interest in supplier quality and are eager to challenge, motivate and lead people and organisations to improvement, development and change? Do you like a job where you can work hands-on with products and processes as well as an influencer on systems and management. Then you may be our new SQA engineer for Orkla House Care.The position
Supplier Quality Assurance is a relatively new area for Orkla House Care. Although some main processes are in place this will be an unique possibilty to continue develop this area as our new SQA engineer. The SQA engineer will be responsible for the supplier quality assurance and development activities related to direct material & traded goods suppliers to our sites in Bankeryd, Sweden; Bromsgrove, UK and Wommelgem, Belgium. This is an international role and the person will work closely with colleagues both in Europe as well as in China and the supplier base is mainly located in Europe but also with some Asian suppliers. Traveling both domestically and abroad will be part of the job.
The main objectives will be to prevent supplier quality issues and reduce risks. This will be done by working proactively with audits and quality assurance activities on new parts, products and suppliers but also reactively on quality issues to prevent reoccurrence.Key tasks
- Develop new, and improve existing processes, procedures and ways of working with Supplier Quality Assurance on a local and global level.
- Plan and execute all SQA related tasks, supported by and in collaboration with Procurement & local Quality departments.
- Gather supplier quality performance data and initiate actions when negative trends or deviations from targets occur.
- Support Procurement team with supplier quality and EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) audits on existing and new suppliers.
- Identify high risk suppliers, establish quality gates and drive development plans together with the colleagues in the Procurement team.
- Train suppliers when needed in quality management tools such as 8D with root cause analysis, PFMEA, SPC, poka-yoke, etc.
- Be involved in new product development on a part & product level to reduce risk, avoid misunderstandings and approve the quality level.
- Responsible for Supplier Evaluation Process in House Care
- Responsible for and owner of Quality Assurance Process for new materials/new suppliers
- Collaborate with and lend support to the local quality departments and drive escalated supplier quality issues in assistants to the local quality teams.
- Optimize supplier specifications and identify improvement opportunities.
Beside suppliers, Procurement team and Quality departments, other important stakeholders will be Production, Planning and not least Product Development.Who are you?
- You are driven, customer focused and can act with high sense of urgency in supporting customers and stakeholders.
- Communication skills are crucial and the role will require excellent Swedish and English both written and spoken.
- It is important that you take personal leadership and work independently also with high integrity.
- You have a strong ability to lead and influence as an informal leader. You are analytical and works fact based and can plan and organize work for yourself and others.
- Your attitude and values go hand in hand with ours; you are Brave, Inspiring and Trustworthy!
Are you interested?
- You are able to demonstrate a solid technical background and previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality manager/Engineer or a Senior Quality Technician.
- Preferably you have formal education on a higher level; Bachelor’s degree with a relevant major, or you have long work experience accompanied extensive training and education from a former employer.
- You have worked internationally, closely with suppliers and are well familiar of the supplier/customer relationships and how to manage this in a good way.
- You have knowledge in quality management tools such as 8D, PFMEA, Control plans, root cause analysis, etc.
- You have audit experience and are familiar with ISO9001 (and preferably ISO14001) management systems.
- You can manage to work ad-hoc to a certain extent but also work project oriented with planning, execution and tracking of tasks, for yourself and others.
- You have Lean Manufacturing knowledge and a thorough and holistic understanding of business, purchasing, quality and supply chain.
- Experience from plastic components, injection molded and extruded is preferred.
If this sounds interesting and exciting, send in your application already today as we review the candidates continuously!
Because of GDPR we do not have the possibility to accept applications via mail.
This is a position for a central function within Orkla House Care. The base is assumed to be Bankeryd, Sweden but not necessarily for 100% of the time as we are willing to discuss a flexible solution with the right candidate.
Do you have questions about this position you are warm welcome to contact responsible recruitment manager Mikael Rydholm, 0734-141684 alt email@example.com