At DS Smith, we create and deliver innovative, sustainable packaging solutions that consider the entire supply chain. These solutions energise sustainable growth – for our customers and consumers, our people, our business and shareholders, and most importantly our environment.We are redefining packaging for a changing world.
Looking for a challenge? Does driving a sustainable packaging agenda excite you? Are you passionate about growing businesses in partnership with customers? Then, this position might be the perfect match for you.
As the Category Manager, you will be responsible for understanding and developing our business within specific market segments across the region (UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland).
In addition, you will be responsible for developing and driving initiatives that significantly impact sales, margin performance and prices of DS Smith business in each segment putting in place action plans to reach pre-defined budget goals.
Further your main responsibilities are:
- Deep dive into the market segment from both internal (financial, sales teams) and external sources (Euromonitor, desk research, Mintel, IGD etc).
- Understanding shopper and retail trends and the role of packaging within the supply cycle of each segment.
- Partner with Sales teams to establish our role as packaging strategists for our customers and drive top and bottom line growth by continuously re-assessing our portfolio (including Innovation) based on ever changing trends and insights in the specific market segments.
- Develop target lists of new prospect customers and support sales teams in preparing and participating at pitch presentations
We attach great importance to your personal qualities and we see that the right person for the job is easy to cooperate, is structured and has the ability to focus on the right things, big and small.
Furthermore, we believe that you have a good sense of detail and a willingness to take responsibility and achieve results.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 5 years Marketing/ Category Management/ Brand Management within FMCG companies
- Sales experience greatly appreciated
- Interest in consumer / shopper behaviour, retailing, FMCG supply chains and the fast-changing sales channels
- Strong communication and presentation skills – internal and external
Apply immediately because we're processing applications as soon as they arrive. We look forward to getting to know you better!
Location: Mariestad, Järfälla, Värnamo; Sweden or Fordham; UKContacts:
Teresa Del Re, North Europe Head of Marketing and Innovation, Teresa.Del.Re@dssmith.com
Paul Carmichael, Head of Talent & Development, firstname.lastname@example.org