Was automatic control engineering one of your favorite subjects at school? Then this position might be for you. Hiab are pioneers and a global leader within providing on-road handling equipment, intelligent services, and digitally connected solutions. With over 3,400 employees, Hiab are working at the front lines of tomorrows technology, from their office in beautiful Hudiksvall. Sounds exciting? They are now looking to expand their Control Systems Department with a Software feature engineer, take the chance and apply!Information om uppdraget
Hiab's control systems consists of hydraulics, electronics, and software algorithms, that combines to create their complex loader crane system. With their roots in the beautiful northern city of Hudiksvall, known for its proximity to the coast, their picturesque houses and open community, Hiabs office consists of about 100 employees. With modern facilities, and a topnotch laboratory where you can both construct, test and design your products, Hiab offers a great place to work and a position with endless possibilities. Currently, they are working on the future of automatised products.You are offered
- A role at an innovative and world leading workplace, nationally as well as internationally
- The chance to be a part of developing tomorrows technology
- The chance to learn from experienced colleagues
As a software feature engineer, you will take part in developing new features for the cranes in Matlab/Simulink, providing the requirement specification regarding the software. The features might be for assisting the operator, creating a safer work environment or a more automated crane. This involves all the steps from initial requirements to validation on the real product.
Some examples of tasks you will be working with:
- Develop new crane features from requirements to implementation on a crane via their Hardware and Human-in-the-loop simulators.
- Be a part of the process from beginning to end, seeing the product through modelling, testing/simulation and validation on real cranes.
- Close cooperation with the test-team, as well as other teams within the organization
With a high-tech lab available, and a team with experienced colleagues, this will be a great opportunity for you to learn and develop your own skills.
For examples regarding HIABs crane features, please visit their Youtube ChannelVi söker dig som
For this position, we are looking for a go-getter who enjoys learning. You're a team player and can work well with others, you're also a problem-solver. You have an interest for technical solutions, both regarding theory and practical tests.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a relevant engineering degree, that has included courses within automatic control engineering
- Has previous knowledge of Matlab/Simulink from studies, work, internships or equivalent
- Are fluent in English, regarding both speech and writing
We see it as meritorious is you are fluent in Swedish, both in speech and writing.Other information
- Start: September
- Work extent: Full-time
- Location: Hudiksvall
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Hiab that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.