An attractive position offering a unique opportunity to be the frontrunner of a success!Are you an experienced, internationally oriented transport & logistics professional with strong leadership skills and a commercial mindset? Are you passionate about managing change for growth? Would you like to be the spearhead of an ambitious team using your great talent for creating a positive and inspiring working environment?
If so, we may have the perfect job for you! The company
Our client, LEMAN, is a leading global transport and logistics service provider offering services within road, air and sea freight. For LEMAN's Swedish business entity, Landau Headhunting is searching for a Managing Director (MD), who will be given the overall responsibility for the Swedish company, including strategic management and leadership responsibility for an organization of nearly 40 FTE's of which 6 are reporting directly to the MD. The Swedish MD reports to the Group CEO. The job
The Swedish market position is an important focus area that LEMAN wishes to strengthen. Therefore, we are looking for a strong strategic, international and highly commercially oriented profile, who can drive a growth journey, enter the untapped markets and lead the Swedish company to the next level. The business area of Road is central to the overall business, but you will ensure a prosperous development across all units towards the set goals.
Being a close sparring-partner to your management group, you will ensure that the entire organization is managed in a way that continuously secures a strong and well-functioning company. You need to know how to delegate and how to involve the organization, while at the same time having hands on towards customers and new bizz, and you will ensure effective collaboration in the matrix organization in meeting the growth strategy. You will represent the company both internally in the overall organization and externally in relation to participation in summits, conferences, committees etc.
Furthermore, your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure a communicative, strategic and commercial approach being a proactive forerunner, prepared for a future with increasing competition
- Demonstrate dedicated and close collaboration with the Swedish management team, providing full support and sparring to all divisions and functions
- Implement needed organizational changes to improve and streamline the business and ensure that the organization at all times is structured in a way that supports the growth and profitability aspiration and is prepared to meet the future challenges
- Work with a constantly improved cost base ensuring profitable strategic acquisitions as well as a continuous organic growth
- Ensure high engagement amongst employees and constant professional /personal development at all levels
- Ensure a collaborative and efficient feedback culture and be visible in the organization, towards peers and the matrix organization and towards key external stakeholders
- Ensure a continuous improved positioning; protect, promote and enhance the positive brand, image and reputation of the company
- Increase awareness and improved image in the Swedish market based on the core values and competencies of the company
- Meet the financial requirements to accomplish the overall group strategy.
You are expected to live in Southwest Sweden, or you are willing to relocate to a suitable location. You can expect around 20-30 travel days per year between Sweden and the Danish Headquarters and to other sites globally.Your professional profile
We expect you to have an academic commercial education at BSc or MSc level within Transportation or Business Administration and Supply Chain Management. Furthermore, we are interested in the following professional skills:
- At least 10+ years of experience in a similar senior position
- A thorough general knowledge about the transportation and shipping industry, including knowledge/experience within the market areas Road, Sea, Air, Logistics - preferably underlined by many years in road shipping
- Extended knowledge within the freight forwarding and supply chain field with sufficient professional freight forwarding (road) foundation to take part in dialogue with various counterparts
- Proven business leader with full P&L responsibility, overall responsibility for clients and strategic decisions
- Experience with creating organic growth, participated in M&A processes and the post M&A integration process
- Strong people management experience with the ability to manage complexity at various levels and follow up on a frequent basis with direct reports via dedicated 1:1 meetings
- Swedish and English proficiency, written and oral – and ability to communicate in Scandinavian languages
Your personal characteristics
- Solid IT knowledge at user level – MS Office.
Apart from the professional skills, we are putting strong emphasis on your personal profile. We are looking for a skilled people manager and visible change leader who can create a sense of urgency, however, with a positive spirit and an ability to engage and motivate. Focus is on the following personal traits:
- Strategic direction setting and decision-making skills, business minded, market and customer oriented
- Planning skills, organized and structured approach
- Ability to establish and maintain the team spirit and the joint activities needed to achieve the business targets
- Employing management styles and methods tailored to the employee/team and situation in question
- Delegating, motivating, involving and ensuring an inspiring working environment
- Professional and personal integrity and loyal to the company
- Adaptive and agile approach
- Relationship building and strong stakeholder management, internally and externally
- Strong communication skills: Good listener, honest, open and persuasive/negotiating - able to interact with others in a positive way and reaching targets by joint effort
- Change management-oriented approach
- Pragmatic – able to navigate in a political environment
- Ability to develop the team and be a front person. Sociable and likeable personality
- A profound drive and desire to improve the current conditions, initiate business action plans and work with them in a structured and continuous manner to meet the growth strategy
- Role model in living the corporate values
This is an exciting job in an international company that guarantees you excellent development opportunities and a high level of influence. The work environment is informal, and you are offered good working conditions incorporating flexibility and freedom with responsibility. The company offers a competitive salary package, and if relevant, you will be offered a relocation package.Interested?
Please apply soonest possible (in English) by clicking the "Apply" button and thereby uploading your CV and application. For any additional information, please contact Founder/CEO Mette Landau from Landau Headhunting (after August 3rd, 2020)
by phone: +45 2190 2188.
Landau Headhunting will carry out the recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to Landau Headhunting. We will call in relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to call in candidates prior to the application deadline. We are looking forward to hearing from you!