Development and implementation of new fire retardants for wood protection in Europe.
KPC holds a strong market position within fire retardant treated wood in Europe and your main role will be to manage and further develop the fire-retardant product portfolio in the field of wood protection in Europe from a technical perspective. This is a new position within the Koppers European operations.
The position can be based in KPCs locations either in Nyborg (DK), Marlow and Darlington (UK), or Helsingborg (S) depending on your nationality and wishes and we are open to your private residence - could very well be the Copenhagen area e.g.
Some travel around Europe will be required. Your direct manager is based in Nyborg (DK) and you will have team members on several locations in Europe.
- Initiate, lead and drive projects in technical product development within fire retardant.
- Assist top management in strategic questions related to fire-retardant.
- Coordinate and oversee test programs and certification processes e.g., CE labelling and certification according to WPA guidelines.
- Participate in standardisation work e.g., CEN/TC 175.
- Assist our customers in creating relevant environmental labelling e.g., EPD, and other certification schemes as the Swan, "Sunda Hus", and Byggvaurubedömning" etc.
- Collaborate with other departments to fulfil customer orders to Koppers' internal and external standards, including compliance with ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications, health & safety legislation and regulations, and Zero Harm policy.
- Assist our commercial team with data, and education to support sales strategy.
- Assist in communicating with architects, contractors, test houses, and authorities.
- Represent Koppers at seminars, conferences, and related meetings.
- Various other ad hoc tasks.
- University degree, or equivalent, in chemistry, wood science or related scientific discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of work experience from working with technical product management or technical consultancies or research or academia and project management.
- Understanding of certification requirements for fire-retardant treated wooden materials e.g., CE-labelling, EN 13501-1.
- Experience of interpreting test results from reaction to fire testing, e.g., ISO 5660-1, EN 13823, EN ISO 11925-2.
- Strong written and verbal communicator; able and willing to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions.
- Experience in fire retardant chemistry would be desirable, but not essential.
- High attention to detail and experience in data analysis and interpretation of results.
- The ability to work collaboratively to solve demanding problems and introduce new ideas and initiatives.
- Professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated. Able to recognise opportunities and implement improvements to create efficiencies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of quality management systems, and quality risk assessments.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- A job with great variety and impact
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team.
- A competitive base salary, ESPP, and incentive program.
- An international and diverse work atmosphere.
Please send your application, CV and relevant certificates in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.The selection process will commence in August when we have an adequate pool of suitable candidates.
If you have queries regarding this position, please contact Morten Klamer
, Senior Manager, Product Development, KPC Europe, at
Data protection declaration - processing of your personal data
When you submit your application for this position, please be aware, that you also accept that Koppers Aps and Aagaard Consult, which participate as an external partner in this process, collect and handle your personal data in connection with the recruitment for this position. If you do not allow this, we will unfortunately not be able to handle your application. All personal data will be deleted once the recruitment is complete.