AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we are proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity. Reason for Role
Human Biological Samples (HBS) are fundamental to medical research in the discovery, development and implementation of new treatments and diagnostics. HBS are ethically sensitive materials and the collection, handling, and access to HBS are subject to strict regulations, principles and ethical guidelines. Day-to-Day Duties
Required Skills/ Experience/ Education/ Qualifications
- Co-ordinate projects and assist in delivery under the supervision of the Biobank lead and/or Compliance manager to ensure collation of all information related to HBS.
- Desk-based reconciliation of the HBS inventory or knowledge curation to allow decision making on inventory.
- Collaborate with the internal teams in locating samples and reviewing consent for requests related to HBS in AZ.
- Assist in knowledge curation to allow decision making on inventory which maybe in AZ, or third parties. Duties may include handling of HBS during the reconciliation and curation process.
- Work with the Biobank lead to ensure that learning from HBS related issues are identified and analysed to enable continuous process improvement.
Desirable Skills/ Experience/ Education/ Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree level education
- 6 months of relevant experience
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communications skills.
- Proven team working skills
- Ability to work independently
- Project management experience and skills
- High ethical standards, trustworthy, operating with absolute discretion
Required/Desired Technical Proficiencies (i.e. Excel, SAP, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance function, health care regulations, laws, and standards. Experience in pharmaceuticals or a related industry
- Experience in working on projects involving HBS
* Experience with administrative tools
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.This is a consulting assignment with Logent Bemanning AB.