Group Legal Counsel, AB Volvo
We are now looking for a Group Legal Counsel to strengthen our legal team within Real Estate and transactional work. Your focus areas will include the servicing of the Volvo Group´s centralized real estate function, but also general corporate matters that are part of Group Legal´s day-to-day operations. The position offers:
The Group Legal team
- a varied role in a fast-paced department, with exciting challenges for people passionate about their work,
- the opportunity to work with a high executive level in a global environment, together with highly skilled colleagues,
- learning and development opportunities in line with Group ambitions, and
- a friendly, collaborative and professional working environment, where your personal contribution will make a difference.
Group Legal is the legal department of the Volvo Group headquarters. We are a team of 15 legal professionals in Gothenburg that supports the Group General Counsel with management of matters involving significant legal risks for the Group, the coordination of the Group legal function and expert legal advice on a broad range of operational and strategic matters, including Group corporate and governance, M&A and partnerships, treasury & finance, employment, real estate, technology & IT and sustainability.
The Legal & Compliance function take pride in enabling fair business. We are trusted strategic partners to the business, safeguarding the Volvo Group Code of Conduct. Wherever we are in the Volvo Group, we strive to:
Some of the things you will do as Group Legal Counsel include:
- have a business mindset, working proactively and looking for solutions
- be trusted partners with integrity and independence, daring to give unwelcome advice when needed
- be engaged team players, supporting each other
- continue to learn and develop to stay ahead, being open minded and welcoming feedback
- excel in our everyday work, being empowered to act and taking full responsibility for legal and compliance risk management
You should have:
- Service the full range of matters managed by the Group´s real estate function, including acquisitions and sales of real estate companies and properties, construction and projects, facility management, commercial leases, easements and other property rights management, environmental law and real estate financing and security
- Provide high quality legal support in a wide range of general business matters, from day-to day corporate matters to complex business transactions in an international environment;
- Be an active contributor in the management of the Volvo Group´s real estate matters, and in relevant Boards, and internal Councils & Committees as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and direction with respect to regulatory developments; establish resolution strategies and lead, oversee or personally execute on such strategies in cooperation with different stakeholders;
- Engage and coordinate high-quality external advisors, and build and maintain a network and other channels as required to stay on top of developments within Real Estate and transactions; - Contribute to internal knowledge development and sharing within the Group, including running of training programs and development of processes, tools and ways of working;
- Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders across the business, including management teams, Group Finance, Business Areas and other legal teams; seek to understand needs, help to inform, advise and promote best practices,
- A university degree in law
- 7+ years of qualified work experience as a lawyer, from a well renowned law firm and as in-house counsel, preferably from the automotive or a transaction intense industry
- Extensive Real Estate and transactional work experience
- Solid interest in business operations, with an ambition to learn and develop into new areas as the automotive industry transforms
- Proven ability to solve problems in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency in English
You may also have experience from capital markets, compliance or legal operations, and/or from running an in-house team or advanced project management.
Improving ways of working and finding solutions is part of our everyday job, so work will require a bias for action and a can-do attitude. And with people at the center of what we do, you will need to be keen to engage with team members and others and build relationships to thrive in the role.
The position reports to the SVP Head of Group Legal. Travel will be required occasionally.Application
In this recruitment process, Volvo is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so please apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se. Please note that we do not accept applications by mail. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Helena Woodcock by phone 0733 - 109585, or by email at email@example.com