Customer Support Field Engineer
We offer you a challenging position within the Voyage Solutions division. We are leading the way in creating harmonised integrated solutions including fleet operations solutions, simulation & training, and ship traffic control. Voyage Solutions currently has net annual sales in the region of EUR 140 million and employs approximately 1000 people working from 22 regional offices worldwide.
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials.What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
This role is within the European Customer support group's engineering team. Electronic navigation is mission critical for our customers as their business is all about requiring solutions to efficiently operate their mobile assets both locally and globally. The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for performing Voyage Solutions system installation and maintenance. Representing the Voyage Solutions Customer Support team on-site to ensure work is completed professionally. Together with Support Coordinators and Technical Support Specialists, Customer Support Engineer is "the face to the customer". Your safety is important to us, the Customer support engineer is responsible to maintain a safe working site and to identify and mitigate all safety hazards.
What do we expect from you?
- Servicing our installed navigation systems installed on thousands of commercial, governmental and military vessels worldwide
- Stay-by onsite deployment based on Customer requests
- Troubleshoot and inspect findings to determine source of problem, rectify or replace with Customers' agreement
- Escalate any issue beyond the service scope to responsible CS team/management
- Ensure service work rendered complies with internal Service & Support processes
- Ensure compliance to Code of Business Conduct and Quality Management system requirements
- Technical apprenticeship and/or relevant BS degree and/or applicable IT/Electronics certification
- Fluent in Swedish and English spoken and written incl. technical English
- Troubleshooting, technical skills and solution envision
- Driver's license
- Windows operating systems, PC components
- Knowledge of marine radar and communications systems
In this job you can expect a lot of traveling to our customers in Europe and have a rolling schedule with 3 weeks on and 2 weeks offApply today!
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application in English. We will evaluate applications continuously.We look forward to your application!Contact
If you have any questions, please call Mattias Lyckberg, recruiter at Intenso teknikrekrytering, 0733 - 336080This is WärtsilaWärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Sökord: kundsupport, teknisk support, fältingenjör, ingenjör, servicetekniker