We are looking for a leader that is curious, eager and has passion to be part of Volvo Group's mission, which is to drive prosperity through transport solutions. If you are a value-based leader who wants to coach your team and foster an environment of inclusivity, finding strengths and unity among differences, then please press to apply! We need an engaged purchasing manager for the Powertrain Aluminum Casting purchasing team.What is the job about?
You will be accountable for the performance of QDCFTSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk) of the supplier base of your portfolio and team which consists of project and commodity buyers. Together with the your team and cross-functional network, you will proactively drive all relevant activities, use all needed tools and means to continuously secure supplier QDCFTSR performance.
You will actively contribute to your team members' personal developmental opportunities, both professionally and personally. Support the team and recruit in order to have the right competences and mindset to make Volvo transform.
As a purchasing manager of the strategic line, you will together with your team drive the strategies in the segment business plans and implement the actions accordingly with the other regions together with suppliers (manage supplier selection/relationship/ partnership and negotiation).
You will be reporting to Vice President Casting & Forging and be part of the Casting & Forging Purchasing Leadership team and in an active way contribute to the development of the department.We would love you to:
What you will get
- Have excellent Leadership and Coaching skills
- Love to build effective teams with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Have excellent communication and networking skills
- Be up to date in current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Be able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Be able to think out of the box to develop further your commodity
- Be able to face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Be able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected
- Be able to take good decisions in line with internal stakeholders, with risks and opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- English and Swedish both written and spoken
You will together with the multicultural & passionate Casting & Forging team, which is driven by a positive mindset & high energy, contribute to The Volvo Group Mission, Vision, Aspirations and the continued success of our business. We are a team that strongly collaborates with our internal colleagues and external partners globally, every day. You will work in a global environment that provides you with developmental opportunities both professionally and personally. We are eager to learn from you and you will get fantastic opportunities to learn and develop with us: when you succeed, we succeed. Together we drive prosperity.
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter. The Cover Letter should explain your motivation/passion regarding leadership and your purchasing experience. For more information please contact recruitment consultant Igor Glavan +46701765828