"Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way." - Volvo Cars vision. Take the opportunity to work with one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. Volvo Cars is on a revolutionary journey influencing how cars of the future will be made. By using a high-pressure aluminum die casting process, the production environment will become more efficient. Not only through efficient high-casting processes but also with Cell-To-Chassis design, Volvo Cars will be at the forefront of technology. This will become a new core-structure-design standard and manufacturers who fall behind may possibly not exist in a few years. How exciting it is to be in the middle of a new industrial revolution!
As this technology is completely new, you get to jump onboard at beginning of an exciting journey. Volvo Cars is currently recruiting people to build the new team that will lead the work moving forward. We are proud to have the opportunity to help our client find people with the right knowledge and skill for the position as Process Development Engineer - Casting.THE POSITION:
You will be an integral part of the Manufacturing Engineering organization in Gothenburg, Torslanda with the task to design new high pressure die casting lines and facilities. This will include specifying and laying out new equipment, die cast machines, trimming stations and finishing lines. The responsible Engineer will also then follow up the fabrication, installation and commissioning and hand over to industrialization teams in each manufacturing site.Responsibilities
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Develop the CAD design of new die cast tooling from concept thru production, including split lines, slides, ejection, vent and cooling system (e.g. waterlines in tool steel as well as internal and external plumbing).
- Responsible for engineering of cast and trim dies for all assigned High Pressure Die-cast components.
- Proficient in die design with optimized runner & gate, thermally balanced inserts and high efficiency to produce structural components.
- Provide feedback to Product Design Engineers to achieve the right balance between product performance and manufacturability from a tooling perspective.
- Create process documentation of all new dies/inserts.
- Create required work instructions and documentation.
In this recruitment process much emphasis will be centered around personal qualities with the following ones being especially important:
- BS/MS Degree in Mechanical, Materials Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical design experience. Experience with aluminum High Vacuum High Pressure thin wall structural die casting tool design highly preferred, but other relevant tooling or mechanical design experience can be considered.
- Strong to expert level 3D CAD skills, including advanced surfacing and large assemblies.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
- Goal oriented - high achieving mindset.
- Dependable - instill trust by honorable actions.
- Collaborative - ability to build great partnerships.
- Striving for development - seeking ways to grow and solve problems in new ways.
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow. Click here to read more about Volvo Cars.ABOUT THE EMPLOYMENT:
This is a recruitment process, meaning Friday is partnering with Volvo Cars in conducting interviews and selecting suitable candidates with the aim for Volvo Cars to hire the person directly. Volvo Cars have requested that all questions regarding the position is handled by Friday.ADDITIONAL INFORMARTION:
- Employment type: Full-time, Long-term
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Gothenburg, Torslanda
- Contact person: Gabriella Bergström, email@example.com
- Salary: Fixed monthly
Apply by clicking the link below. Remember to be quick with your application as we make continuous selection of candidates and the position can be filled before the application deadline is due.ABOUT FRIDAY:By being a partner to our clients and candidates, we strive to find the best match for you both. We achieve this by really getting to know our clients and candidate’s needs! Of course, we will ensure that requirements and skillsets match. But above all, we focus on the importance to find harmony between values and corporate culture which both candidate and client considers optimal. Our passion is to help people to the right position, workplace and context and we work in the field between IT and Technology. That's why we founded Friday, with the ambition to help you with the job that gives you the Friday feeling - every day!We mainly focusing on young engineers who are at the beginning of their careers or soon concluding college / university within the IT and Technology field. Our belief is that people reach their fullest potential when looking forward to going to work each morning. "Friday - everyday", how about that?