Field Service Engineer, Life Sciences Solutions
Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? Are you passionate about making a difference and providing professional service at a high level within the Life Science segment? This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global Life Science company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific and medical advancements that make life even better.
You will become a part of the Nordic Life Sciences Solutions' Field Service team, serving our customers using Applied Biosystems, Ion Torrent and Invitrogen products. You enjoy being on the road and can expect to be travelling approximately 50% of your time, mainly to our customer sites in Sweden but also around the Nordics and from time to time within Europe and the US.
This role suits someone who enjoys working in a high-paced environment. Your proactive approach, team spirit and eagerness to build knowledge are what will ultimately drive your success. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with opportunity for professional and personal growth.Your key responsibilities:
- Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, preventative maintenance and repair services
- Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Instructing customers in the use of our instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifying sales leads, upselling of service contracts and products via incentive programs
- Coordinating your own work schedule with relevant partners, such as service operations, management, sales and Application support colleagues
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
We are blurring the lines between our Field Service and Field Application support functions and imagine that your experiences matches with one or more of the three categories below.
- You hold some experience as a Service Engineer and have an interest in developing Application support skills
- You hold some experience from an Application support role and have a strong interest in how instruments work and a desire to learn about the hardware side, including electronics/mechanics
- You have experience from using our Applied Biosystems and/or Ion Torrent technology and a natural interest in how the instrument hardware, including electronics/mechanics work
Qualifications, talents and skills needed to succeed in the role:
- Bachelor or MSc degree in molecular biology/biochemistry/biotechnology, electronics/engineering or other applicable field
- Understanding of laboratory work
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem solving abilities
- IT skills, including Linux is an advantage
- Strong communication skills in Swedish or Norwegian and English, verbal and in writing
- Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers
- Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including service reports and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high
- A strong team contributor, working remotely with the ability to connect with colleagues working in different locations across Europe
- A natural interest in staying up to date with trends in technology and IT
The interview process is on-going so apply as soon as possible and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have.
- Knowledge and experience from working with qPCR and/or sequencing is an advantage