Do you like working with people and solving problems? Do you have a scientific background and speak Danish or Finnish? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
In this position you will be joining Fisher, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, which delivers over 800,000 different products to a wide range of laboratory customers, helping them to accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
We are looking for several new colleagues to join our Nordic customer service team, which is based out of our Gothenburg office.What to expect in this role
As a Customer Service Specialist you will be a first point of contact for our customers and work closely with the rest of your team to professionally and efficiently deal with customers' enquiries by phone and email. The role is based in our Gothenburg office, a state-of-the-art, newly built office and warehouse where approximately 50 employees work together. At Fisher we can offer an interesting and challenging position in an international environment. You will be joining a company that is a world leader in serving science and will support you to achieve your career goals. In this role, you need to be a customer advocate, passionately supporting their needs and ensuring their views and concerns are captured, resolved and escalated. Team work and strong communication are both key factors. You will effectively perform your duties whilst acting always in accordance with our values, guidelines and processes.Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
- Proactively develop specialist knowledge through regular interaction with stakeholders in other departments as well as suppliers
- Provide customers with clear and timely product support and take responsibility for customer follow-up and communication
- Support and provide product training for internal colleagues and take part in new product trainings
- Feel empowered to own and resolve complex or difficult customer queries seeking support and clarification from a wide range of stakeholders where appropriate
- Feel comfortable making decisions together with the customer
- Strive to continuously improve our processes and develop yourself in order to exceed individual, team and company goals
- Effectively plan and prioritize the daily workload to avoid backlogs, ensuring their Supervisor is made aware of any challenges
- Liaise with Field Sales where appropriate to understand customer requirements regarding pricing, turnaround times and the potential of the account
In order to understand our products and the way customer use them you should have a scientific background. This could for example be a Masters' degree in chemistry, biomedicine or biotechnology. You could also have gained this knowledge through experience from laboratory work.
You need to be fluent in English and either Danish or Finnish.
If you have experience of working in a customer service environment and/or in a technical product support team it is of great advantage.
To enjoy this role you should be a positive and service-minded person, with energy and drive, who likes working with people and finding solutions. Strong communication skills are key in this role and you need to be comfortable working with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.