Become a part of transforming Europe's leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
We are on a new journey with significant investments made for our customers and for the future, which is just now about to take off for real. We're looking for a strong leader to take charge of this going forward.What will you do?
As Group Head of Travel you will have the overall responsibility for one of our three revenue streams: the travel segment. That means all ticket sales to customers across our six regions, with the goal to create reasons to travel and an offer they can't refuse. It will be your responsibility to lead the organisation within Stena Line by implement, and further develop, Travel strategy to ensure growth, customer satisfaction and profitability, short- and long term. Your main mission will be to develop attractive and personalized offering overall and to ensure effectiveness in our marketing and sales channels. Close collaboration with customers, partners, regional management and other stakeholders is key. You will be leading the Group Travel team with 5 direct reports and be reporting to Chief Commercial OfficerSome of your responsibilities:
Who are you?
- Lead and manage Travel business to ensure short-term targets and long term financial and strategic objectives.
- Lead and manage a team of function heads, a total of five direct reports in three different locations.
- Ensure an attractive offering overall including a personalized experience for our customers.
- Drive effectiveness and efficiency in marketing and acquisition.
- Develop and execute sales and distribution strategy in line with company objectives.
- Ensure strong link to regional management to drive business development and optimization, and to establish planning and annual marketing budget.
- Drive performance and results through key metrics and actionable insights.
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as your skills. You need to be a person with strong people and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a matrix environment. Being a good leader is important to us, to be able to coach, to learn and deliver results. A strong business acumen drives you forward, and you have a good sense of prioritizing as well as creating targets and plans. As a person you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast moving environment.The must-haves:
- Extensive sales and marketing experience with a business to consumer perspective, on European or Global level.
- Leadership experience with a proven track record in creating strong business results.
- Commercial experience from tourism or travel industry.
- Experience in creating strategies and processes including implementation across an organization.
- Academic degree or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Fluent in English.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg. We welcome your application in English via maquire.se as soon as possible but no later than October 3, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process please contact Maria Hörnestam at Maquire +46 763 38 76 46.