What you'll doAre you an optician with clinical expertise who's ready to dive into the new exciting world of e-health?
Then take a look at our new position as Clinical Project Talent Manager in Sweden. If you're ready, you could be part of a a new e-health service that will grow our organisation bigger and better.
It should be noted that as our new Clinical Project Talent Manager, you will be hired on 18 Months project-based employment. However, since our organisation is developing fast, continues opportunities will most likely become available.What you'll do
We are introducing a new service nationwide to all our optical stores in Sweden. We call it "Optician On Demand", and with that our customers will finally be able to meet the optician online and getting advice on their vision in a more flexible set-up.
And that's why we need a Clinical Project Talent Manager like you – to train our Store Assistants to become Clinical Assistants who can then support our opticians in their new responsibility as "Opticians On Demand".In this job, you will:
- Train Store Assistants into Clinical Assistants
- Evaluate and train opticians to become "Opticians On Demand"
- Make sure our store staff and partners engage with and understand this new service
- Assess whether some of our current opticians qualify as potential trainers for their store staff
- Train-the-Trainer in the sense that you make our current opticians able to support the development of their Store Assistants into Clinical Assistants
- Possibly deliver other clinical courses, such as Remote Care, and contribute to the development of other clinical projects in our business.
The job sits under our Central Operations Team, consisting of 12 people who work continuously on making sure our stores in Sweden deliver the best customer experience out there. The team will be there to support you in the handling of our new "Optician On Demand" service, which will be an ongoing project for the coming 18 months. The job will require a lot of traveling in Sweden.Who you are
We are looking for an experienced, licensed optician with great training skills and a passion for new technologies in eye care. Besides that, we are looking for someone with a skill set that matches:
- Clever communicator with the ability to influence peers
- An optimistic coach responsible for striking up not only the successful conversations but also the challenging conversations
- A true initiator, curious to start new projects and drive your own agenda
- Likes to work agile and flexibly to thrive in our ever-changing retail environment
What's in it for you
- Holds excellent language proficiency in Swedish and English.
At Specsavers, we're on a journey to transform healthcare on the high street – making eye care accessible to everyone. As our new Clinical Project Talent Manager, you'll be the main responsible for bringing our new "Optician On Demand" service to live in our stores. This service will be a completely different offer from what our store staff and opticians are used to offer their customers. But here you come in, with the privilege to travel far and wide to our stores on many occasions, making sure this service is delivered to high standards always.
And if that wasn't enough, you'll also get to enjoy the following perks:
- Join a smart, passionate, and fun-loving team with colleagues from many nationalities
- Great training and development opportunities where no two days will be the same in our fast-moving matrix environment
- A flexible schedule with the possibility of working from home and business travelling around Europe, when necessary
- A salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme and other staff benefits
Is this you? Great!
- Be part of a business which serves a major impact on the future of eye care.
Then we would love to hear from you. To apply, send your application using the button below.
We're on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible, so please apply with your CV, and you'll hear from us very soon.
If you have any questions for this position, you are more than welcome to contact Head of Central Operations, Caroline Hallgren on +46 0702-05 11 99.
Questions about the Recruitment process goes to Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, Marianne Selch on +45 51 56 37 92.Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
COVID-19 has turned our world upside down and made us change how we normally hire. It's only logical that you have questions about applying for a job at Specsavers/Louis Nielsen. No worries: you're still more than welcome to apply – but to keep you and our colleagues safe, most interviews will take place by phone or video. After we've received your application, we'll be in touch to discuss the best option for you. Rest assured that we're just as friendly online as we're in real life.We are a Great Place to Work!
Specsavers is an employer with equal opportunities for everyone. Because we're all different, just like the customers we help every day. We treat people fairly. Create an environment that respects and values differences. And recognise the part everybody plays towards making Specsavers an even greater place to work.